Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

jujibee wrote: »
    What is even sadder about Land Before Time is what happened to the little girl who did the voice for Ducky. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Barsi - Only read it if you want to be depressed :(

She was the kid from All Dogs Go To Heaven too :( I loved Don Bluth's movies as a child, An American Tail and Thumbelina FTW!

I've just signed up for a 4am charity walk on Saturday, zoiks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Darkness Into Light one for Pieta House? Great cause and a really cool idea :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lola92 wrote: »
    I got a LIVE caterpillar in my bag of baby spinach about 2 weeks ago. Ella thought it was hilarious watching it crawl up my knife :(

I once got a dead spider in a pack of mcDonnells noodles.... not pleasant.

I got a ladybird in my frozen peas a few months ago... Luckily saw it before I served them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    what do people do for dinner when holidaying alone? :confused:

Huh? Eat? :confused:

Acoshla wrote: »
    Huh? Eat? :confused:

i always viewed it as a purely social thing going out for dinner
    i'd feel strange sitting in a restaurant with a book :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've done it before bluewolf, when my travel buddy has been too hungover to accompany me :D I usually use it as an opportunity to treat myself to food I really enjoy or a restaurant I was eyeing up that she wasn't interested in!

Speaking of the Lion King, I went to see the musical last weekend in London. Absolutely incredible experience. I actually have no words to describe how amazing it was. I've been playing the soundtrack on repeat ever since!

Gauge wrote: »
    I've done it before bluewolf, when my travel buddy has been too hungover to accompany me :D I usually use it as an opportunity to treat myself to food I really enjoy or a restaurant I was eyeing up that she wasn't interested in!

Did you bring a book? Or stare at everyone? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Did you bring a book? Or stare at everyone? :)

I bring a book if I have one but people watching is sometimes just as entertaining :D

Before the baby arrived, I used to do it all the time. I don't have a lot of friends who live in this city so if I want to do nice things, I have to do them myself. Otherwise I would spend my time sitting in. I also go to the cinema by myself.

I don't know, it's not something that has ever bothered me. A bit of a read, and some people watching is very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Before the baby arrived, I used to do it all the time. I don't have a lot of friends who live in this city so if I want to do nice things, I have to do them myself. Otherwise I would spend my time sitting in. I also go to the cinema by myself.

I don't know, it's not something that has ever bothered me. A bit of a read, and some people watching is very enjoyable.

I'm grand with stuff on my own and I quite like the cinema on my own too without people chattering at me sometimes - I don't know, it's just the one thing I always thought of as purely to be done with others! :)

now you can bring baby pancake everywhere! :D

I might head away if I can find something not extortionate
    need a holiday :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey everyone. Just popping in to say hi and that I won't be posting as much from now on. Hope you're all well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I love doing it!!

Had my first alone (kinda) holiday this year and I loved it. Went to visit a frien in London for 4 days but he had to go back home for work in Basingstoke Sunday night so I had Monday and Tuesday to myself, I really enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Dolorous wrote: »
    I've just signed up for a 4am charity walk on Saturday, zoiks!

I'm stewarding that (2:00am start for us), and working 9:30am-9:30pm on Friday. If you could kindly keep your eyes peeled for a small girl asleep in a ditch wearing a high viz vest that'd be great ;)

This weekend is Happy Heart Weekend- 13 people die in Ireland every day from heart attacks and strokes.
    Sadly, in 2009 my Father became one of those statistics, but buying a heart for €2 will help raise vital funds to support research, and promote awareness.
    It's less than bus fare but can help make the world of difference to a family like mine.

I'm grand with stuff on my own and I quite like the cinema on my own too without people chattering at me sometimes - I don't know, it's just the one thing I always thought of as purely to be done with others! :)

now you can bring baby pancake everywhere! :D

I might head away if I can find something not extortionate
    need a holiday :eek:

Ooh if I'm feeling in a particularly bitchy mood I can bring him places and make him cry, and watch people get pissed off....*rubs hands evilly* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Well now I have some news.

Remember the two interviews plus written test I was stressing about for the last two weeks? Well they've only gone and offered me the job! The unexpected part is they want me to start in Dublin in 6 weeks - which means I'll be leaving India in about a month rather than 3 months as planned. Game changer! Have spoken to my boss here and while she's sad to see me go, she wishes me the best so no hard feelings there. Gotta give a month's notice and rearrange my flights and find somewhere to live and all that fun stuff.

Very very very delighted and giddy. Get to see my boyfriend in about 4 weeks! And my cats! And I have a new job - a real, proper, non-intern job!! I think this warrants triple smileys :D:D:D

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Well now I have some news.

Remember the two interviews plus written test I was stressing about for the last two weeks? Well they've only gone and offered me the job! The unexpected part is they want me to start in Dublin in 6 weeks - which means I'll be leaving India in about a month rather than 3 months as planned. Game changer! Have spoken to my boss here and while she's sad to see me go, she wishes me the best so no hard feelings there. Gotta give a month's notice and rearrange my flights and find somewhere to live and all that fun stuff.

Very very very delighted and giddy. Get to see my boyfriend in about 4 weeks! And my cats! And I have a new job - a real, proper, non-intern job!! I think this warrants triple smileys :D:D:D

Oh yay SusieQ! Great news!

Oh now that I see you, you were talking about Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry a few weeks ago, I read it and loved it!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR SUZIE!

(The job part is great and all but c'mon, you gets kittehs and man cuddles!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations Susie_Q. :)

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote: »
    I bring a book if I have one but people watching is sometimes just as entertaining :D

Yeah I'd just people watch and think, I couldn't read when there'd be stuff for me to look around at :)

Congrats Susie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

what do people do for dinner when holidaying alone? :confused:

I love eating out alone! Same with coffee, cinema etc. :)

Congrats on the new job Susie_Q!

God luck at your weigh in today Lola :)

It was you, wasn't it??

yay susie :D:D:D

ok if i want to go away somewhere warm in europe for a long weekend and relaxing where should i go that isnt insanely expensive...
    i was thinking portugal

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    God luck at your weigh in today Lola :)

It was you, wasn't it??

Mine was yesterday but thanks for thinking of me. I put on half a pound but I've been eating crap trying to study not preparing stuff in advance so taking the easy option. I was expecting it. Onward and upwards to next week :)

• Advertisement

ok if i want to go away somewhere warm in europe for a long weekend and relaxing where should i go that isnt insanely expensive...
    i was thinking portugal

Tenerife, Parque Santiago 3 or 4, cheap as chips around there and FAB. I went twice with lowcostholidays last year and got super cheap deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Last night I dreamt I killed someone. It was a complete accident in the dream, someone I'd only just met etc. and I was absolutely distraught in the dream when I found out what I'd caused. Everything was so real and vivid (despite the fact that it had no context and was really a situation that could never arise in real life) and I can even still remember being in the room with the family as they were phoned to tell them that the person had died.

I feel a little disturbed by it. :(

Lola92 wrote: »
    Mine was yesterday but thanks for thinking of me. I put on half a pound but I've been eating crap trying to study not preparing stuff in advance so taking the easy option. I was expecting it. Onward and upwards to next week :)

Well if it's for study it doesn't count!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That is awesome SuzieQ! Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Albection wrote: »
    Last night I dreamt I killed someone. It was a complete accident in the dream, someone I'd only just met etc. and I was absolutely distraught in the dream when I found out what I'd caused. Everything was so real and vivid (despite the fact that it had no context and was really a situation that could never arise in real life) and I can even still remember being in the room with the family as they were phoned to tell them that the person had died.

I feel a little disturbed by it. :(
    This sounds unpleasant. :(

Offering an in-spirit cuddle, blanket, sweeties and even a loan of my green bunny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Out Of The Night

I met an old friend for the first time in years. We had a great old chat :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Exam at 4.30 :eek: Final college exam ever!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Congratulations Susie Q! You'll get your easter egg sooner now too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Exam panic. Wibble wibble wibble.

Is it too early to start drinking?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Honey-ec wrote: »

nope,have a sneaky whiskey/pint to calm the nerves before the exam ; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Good luck RebelGirl!

Thats fantastic news Suzie - means you'll get to come to a boardsie event in late summer!! :)

Old Irish monster has been slayed, walked out an hour early feeling I'd done all I could but that that was the best I could do - and it was good enough to pass. I knew full well I wasn't getting a first in it so its all good. Lecturer gave me a funny look when he saw me, but screw it, I wasn't going to just write down completely made up stuff to fill time and booklets; waste of my time and his...

Also got Marian Keyes to RT my request for lots of grannycandles to be lit for me this morning; have a feeling it paid off :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

i was thinking portugal

Play around with the Ryanair site, there are a number of different flights there that are no taxes, ended up being fairly cheap, I found flights to Bordeaux for under 100 end of July/start of August, deals there to be found!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

bubblefett wrote: »
    Congratulations Susie Q! You'll get your easter egg sooner now too :p

Holy crap I had forgotten about the easter egg. You're amazing to remember that! Yippee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oh sweet jesus... *gag*

I once found a crispy fried fly in a packet of crisps. After eating most of them, obviously. *shudder* (I consoled myself with the thought that at least it was cooked...)
    HALF A WORM

One of my kids was eating a strawberry yoghurt and didn't notice a fly landing in it. He might have gotten away with it only his brother yelled "That was a fly!" just as he put the spoon in his mouth. :eek:

Hasn't eaten yoghurt since...

Have spent the morning applying for jobs/ringing places. Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Honey-ec wrote: »

Never too early.. It's happy hour somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Jessibelle wrote: »
    AH that sucks Almostnever, pm's there if it's any help?

Thank you :)<3

Congrats Susie! :D Delighted for you!

Good luck everyone with exams :)

<grumble/first world problem> I've never felt less motivated in my life and here I am, writing a letter of motivation. Next year better be amazing to be worth all this pointless hassle when I'm tired and cranky and not at all interested in repeatedly telling a world-renowned university how honoured I am to be going on exchange there and how wonderful they are. Next up; a verbal reasoning test and a numerical aptitude test. When I really, really, REALLY need to study for a very long time today. Oh the fun times. </grumble/first world problem>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Cried uncontrolably earlier when I learned an ex (who Im still completely nuts about) lied to me and was seeing another girl.. I know at 26 these arent supposed to still hurt (this much), but they do!

sod it, i think a combo of
    http://www.whitfordhotelwexford.ie/
    and
    http://www.southeastcoastalwalks.ie/walks/
    would be just right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Congratulations Susie Q, that's fantastic, well done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy right now! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

mariebeth wrote: »
    FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

so happy right now! :-D

/string of bitter, exceptionally jealous mutterings and dark glances

Also, congratulations!

/grumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Everything that could go wrong in the last 2 days has gone wrong.
    Could really use a win right about now... please

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I hope you get one. x

I'm off work sick. Bloody limbs won't play ball. Wobble Wobble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

*hugs*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement