Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Woohoo Susie congratulations :-) that's great news, your family and OH must be extra delighted that they get to see you soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

*hug* for bubblefett. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I hope you get one. x

I'm off work sick. Bloody limbs won't play ball. Wobble Wobble.

The change kicked in early? :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still feeling crappy from the dye they put in for this mornings CT. They didn't give me any dye before, nearly vomited all over the machine. Ugh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    The change kicked in early? :P

Does the change make your limbs wobbly? All my mother reports is rivers of perspiration. Beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Have spent the morning applying for jobs/ringing places. Hmmmm.

AND I HAVE AN INTERVIEW!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Still feeling crappy from the dye they put in for this mornings CT. They didn't give me any dye before, nearly vomited all over the machine. Ugh.

I still can't read CT without thinking of my old username. :rolleyes:

Hope you feel better soon!

I've only ever had one CT myself, and that very nearly made me sick without the dye! (It was a head CT so they were moving me around by moving the bed but I had to keep my eyes closed so it felt really weird).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Well if it's for study it doesn't count!!
    Wishful thinking! Does the same count for birthdays? It's mine and my OH's this Saturday :)
    bluewolf wrote: »

Good choice! Welcome to the sunny* south east :)

*may not actually be sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Does the change make your limbs wobbly? All my mother reports is rivers of perspiration. Beautiful.

It appears from the biddys here in work that your whole body breaks down, as well as your mind :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Lola92 wrote: »
    Wishful thinking! Does the same count for birthdays? It's mine and my OH's this Saturday :)

Good choice! Welcome to the sunny* south east :)

*may not actually be sunny.

I'm contemplating asking the government to change the name to the Stormy South East.. it's more suitable at this stage! :P

impromptu wexford beers/afternoon tea, you say? :P:P

Avox wrote: »
    I'm contemplating asking the government to change the name to the Stormy South East.. it's more suitable at this stage! :P
    I'll second your proposal, Wexico it ain't!
    impromptu wexford beers/afternoon tea, you say? :P:P
    Definitely, if you havn't experienced the stores yet it's.....well lets just say it's an experience! :p

what is the stores and is this a good thing :eek:

It's a club in town, I suppose you could say it caters for 16 to 60 :o Quite comical doing some people watching in there!

okay afternoon tea it is so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That's a lovely hotel.
    Avox wrote: »

Haha, that's so true, the weather has been mental the last couple of weeks.

if i manage to get around to booking this thing i can post up dates we can do something if anyone around likes!
    no harm if not though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks everyone, yizzer all lovely. Keep realising bonus things about coming home early....

- Will be home for my sister's hen party, must try to find some rude Indian things to bring home for that :)

- Looks like I'll arrive a week before my friend's wedding that I was gutted to be missing, very very pleased indeed

- EASTER EGG (thanks for reminding me)

Also might well make the boards beers in June! :D

Susie_Q wrote: »
    - Will be home for my sister's hen party, must try to find some rude Indian things to bring home for that :)

find all the tacky kama sutra stuff :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Trying to get a civil union organised between myself and the boyfriend. Need loads of paperwork cos I am foreign. One of the things is an official translation of my birthcert. Stupid cow that did that translation took so long about it (for 50 quid as well) that another piece of paperwork has gone out of date, so have to ask for that again. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

what is the stores and is this a good thing :eek:
    Lola92 wrote: »
    It's a club in town, I suppose you could say it caters for 16 to 60 :o Quite comical doing some people watching in there!

Pop along to Masons in Waterford while you're at it bluewolf. It has great endorsements, including the fact that it appeared on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.. :pac:

NOOOOOO, not Masons!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Focusing on the positives in life: I have a miniroll and EU law, while being deathly dull, is also relatively straightforward and can be studied when listening to music so it's not quite so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Well done on the job Suzie, that's great news!! :D

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kiera wrote: »
    It appears from the biddys here in work that your whole body breaks down, as well as your mind :eek:

Yet they simply CANNOT leave the Air Conditioning alone. :rolleyes:

When there was snow outside, and the other 3 of us of non menopausal age huddled up against the heaters with cardigans and gloves, the bint decides to open allll the windows. While wearing a cardigan, jumper and blouse. Just take the frigging woolies off ya daft eejit!

And when you are roasting, they are freezing. :rolleyes:

In other news: BORED!! I'm on mouse arrest, due to my imminent due date- OH is terrified I'll go up to dunnes to get the dinner and give birth to the child in Aisle 6 so does not want me leaving the house. Cabin Fever.

Anyone seen my Nesting Instinct? I seem to have mislaid it and I have an oven that needs cleaning...and a fridge, and a few floors...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Neyite wrote: »
    Yet they simply CANNOT leave the Air Conditioning alone. :rolleyes:

When there was snow outside, and the other 3 of us of non menopausal age huddled up against the heaters with cardigans and gloves, the bint decides to open allll the windows. While wearing a cardigan, jumper and blouse. Just take the frigging woolies off ya daft eejit!

And when you are roasting, they are freezing. :rolleyes:

In other news: BORED!! I'm on mouse arrest, due to my imminent due date- OH is terrified I'll go up to dunnes to get the dinner and give birth to the child in Aisle 6 so does not want me leaving the house. Cabin Fever.

Anyone seen my Nesting Instinct? I seem to have mislaid it and I have an oven that needs cleaning...and a fridge, and a few floors...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So, joy of joys, I got my Kindle Touch.

Bad news: My internet is the dongle from 02 type so unless I go to a cafe with Wifi, I can't regiester it and thus can't download any books. *headdesk*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Congratulations Susie_Q.

My :mad: for today - stupid mobile phone is acting up again. :mad::mad:

I got it in January, had it replaced in Feb and now I'm having MORE trouble with it.

Fed up of it at this stage.

:D for today - Rib-eye steak for dinner, mashed spuds, and some veg for dinner. Along with martini and tonic. :D Huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Got my pressies and card written for the parties i shall be at this weekend!
    about to do the dishes and then go for a long soak in the shower... bubbles!!

McChubbin wrote: »

Bad news: My internet is the dongle from 02 type so unless I go to a cafe with Wifi, I can't regiester it and thus can't download any books. *headdesk*

Ah crap :(

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Found it. Was probably down the couch or somethng. Oven is now spotless, not a germ in the kitchen, Fridge is pristine, have an urge to cook vast quantities of food.

F*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I think I know enough for my exam tomorrow morning. Please let the information not fall out of my brain overnight :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

McChubbin wrote: »

I pretty sure you can buy a router to connect your dongle too to make it wireless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Evening all.A huge congrats on the job SusieQ.

My :D for today is that tomorrow I'm off to England to visit friends I made travelling!

• Advertisement

it's 7pm and i just wanna sleep ;s

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Found it. Was probably down the couch or somethng. Oven is now spotless, not a germ in the kitchen, Fridge is pristine, have an urge to cook vast quantities of food.

F*ck.

You're going to be stuck in the house long enough soon enough. Out you pop to the shops. You won't go into labour in Dunnes, and even if you do you won't give birth there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You won't go into labour in Dunnes, and even if you do you won't give birth there.

That sounds like a challenge! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Onlly 1 exam left to do tomorrow. Am absolutely shattered after an all nighter last night and have to find the energy for another all-nighter!!!:(

But the bants will be had tomorrow!!!!!

Congrats on the new job Susie-Q..............Delighted for ya :D

Best of luck tomorrow westernNight!!!! Hope it goes well for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

What a great game-show that would be. How far away from a hospital can a scarily-pregnant woman get before she chickens out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope everyone is well, there was so much to catch up in 48 hours! Good luck to all the mums-to-be, exam heads, interviewees, new job-starters and so on!

Pixiebean, I was so disheartened to hear about your boyfriend's business. Kick up the biggest stink you can, the only thing these people fear is a bad write-up, or a strong lawsuit (if it comes to that, which it hopefully won't!). Fair play to ye for tackling it head-on and not losing hope!

Had a class night with my bf at a Beer Appreciation Society last night. I don't even drink beer, christ that stuff is like a dinner in itself! The night ended with a 2am lock-in and the nicest cocktail of all time!

Yay for alcohol appreciation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Just sent in my completed application to the college in Paris, thank god it's done now. Such an unforeseen hassle, especially during exams! And I didn't realise that they can just turn me down now after all of that, based on my luck over the past few days I can see it happening now :( Fingers crossed they accept me. My essays were decent, as were my letter of motivation and CV, my language levels are quite good and I nailed the verbal reasoning and numerical aptitude tests so if they decide not to take me I'll be very annoyed. Especially as I got approximately 40 minutes of studying done today but have been working on stuff for hours and hours. I'm really worried about my exam on Saturday now, need to seriously put the work in tomorrow to be half prepared. Giving up for tonight though, headache and sore eyes and tiredness = :( almostnever. Think I'll lie in bed, watch some of my SATC DVDs and wallow in self-pity some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My bones are made of jelly.

Hot Stone Massage. Go have one now. Go, all of ye...NOW:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My bones are made of jelly.

Hot Stone Massage. Go have one now. Go, all of ye...NOW:cool:

:eek:

Bones of jelly? That sounds horrendous! Do you want my bones to be made of jelly just so you're not alone in such an unfortunate situation? I'm not falling for that.

<looks suspiciously from side to side>

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Went and bought Fifty Shades Darker and Freed in paperback on Amazon so yay- new packages in the mail! Still pissed that my Kindle is basically useless at this point but my aunt has wifi broadband so I should get things working from there. Ho-hum... such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:eek:

Bones of jelly? That sounds horrendous! Do you want my bones to be made of jelly just so you're not alone in such an unfortunate situation? I'm not falling for that.

<looks suspiciously from side to side>

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh no. It's AMAZING. I'm so chilled. So very chilled. I can't think of anything else to say. Too chilled to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

eating a mango is such messy fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

One of those days that makes you wonder why you bothered getting up at all! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Oh no. It's AMAZING. I'm so chilled. So very chilled. I can't think of anything else to say. Too chilled to think.
    Well, the cool face you used when describing it was convincing, and you seem generally trustworthy....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement