Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I have got into the terrible habit of cancelling my alarm rather than hitting snooze. I'm now going to have to put a secondary alarm on, just in case.

It's Friday. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yep DK I have two alarms too :) This morning boyfriend's alarm on his phone went off, he pointed the TV remote at the STEREO to turn it off :confused: He's not very clever in the mornings :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

almostnever, good luck with telling him how you feel. Hope it works out. :)

Hope we're all good. Bf is going home today and I have a shift in the LSPCA shop this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

almostnever best of luck with X and with the study!

sitting in the car waiting to go in for my working interview feeling decidedly nervous now! I feel more nervous than I did on Wednesday for the first interview. I guess I just want the job more now than I did on Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm 21 :D:D

Happy Birthday! :)
    mariebeth wrote: »
    sitting in the car waiting to go in for my working interview feeling decidedly nervous now! I feel more nervous than I did on Wednesday for the first interview. I guess I just want the job more now than I did on Wednesday!

Good luck with it mariebeth! Hopefully it will go well for you, I have my fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Today is my "study the bejaysus out of EU law!" day, can't wait until it's over! :D

Where do you study law? :) I do it in DCU..

I am meant to be in the library studying but I woke up with an awful pounding head :( So I'm gonna take a day off :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's amazing how having a baby removes prudishness about people seeing your bits (well for me anyway). Going for my first pelvic floor reeducation class today and not a bother on me! :D

Best of luck Almostnever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Almostnever this is so exciting!!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Hello!

:) HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

:( Daddy duck always seems to be busy when I try and ring him for a Friday chat! :(

:D Going out in a local city tonight for dinner with some of the girls and hitting up a bar that does free drinks for girls 9-11....gonna make the most of that and check out the local talent!

Hope everyone is well! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

finally had a glorious sleep after sleeping a whopping 10 hours over the past three days! :pac:

notes officially ordered now for next session :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Hello squeaky, hope you're well.

Off to my GP in a while. Again!!

So sunny outside, would love to go off to the beach for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Got the job :-D!!!!!!!

I'm in shock right now! finished college yesterday & offered a job today. really didn't expect it to be so easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Congratulations MarieBeth, thats fantastic.

So, I'm starting to study a whole semester of accounts for my exam on monday. Should be fine, right?... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yay mariebeth, that's brilliant congratulations!!

Fingers crossed for you almostnever :)

Still in bed, have almost talked myself into getting up. I was working in a shop yesterday that had builders in so the front and back doors were open all day and it was FREEZING! And because of where the work was being done had to just take my lunch standing out the back so didn't get to sit down once for even a minute from 9 til 7. My back was so tense and sore last night, has relaxed a bit today thankfully but still don't want to get out of the warm bed

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

I am officially finished college.Currently nomming a breakfast roll washed down with a big cup of tea.:D

So very sleepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Congrats mariebeth! Delighted for you. :D

Best of luck talking to X almostnever add with your exams too.

I've got a couple of days work as an SNA. The school is gorgeous, all of the children are just so great and the staff are lovely too. :)

Was supervising the yard on my own on one side of the school at break time and hardly any of the junior and senior infants had their coats closed and there was a biting wind. I just wanted to run after them and zip up all their coats. I think I'm a mammy now! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My best mate from college is getting married this afternoon to his equally wonderful bf. :)

Absolutely delighted for them :D

About to start doing my nails here, am just back from the hairdressers, and still haven't made any decisions on makeup... all of this is so much easier for guys :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hard to believe it's nearly 4 years since I've played... enjoyed my time playing, but I wasted far too much time on it.

at first I thought I had wasted too much time playing it, but when I look back now, I've actually made some really good friends through playing WoW, and that's something that I would've missed out on if I hadn't played. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Getting all choked up watching the wedding episode of Gavin & Stacey.. :o

Best show EVER!! EVER!!

Mmmmmm, in bed with weetabix and a can of sprite and Desperate Housewives (Having a catch up, only on episode 8!!)
    After this episode I'm gonna start prepping for my interview. AGH!!!!

It's my first ever with a recruitment agency, anything I should know??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Links234 wrote: »
    at first I thought I had wasted too much time playing it, but when I look back now, I've actually made some really good friends through playing WoW, and that's something that I would've missed out on if I hadn't played. :)

same with COD for me, had some hilarious nights playing with the boards lads

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

All the good tv shows in America are ending this week/next.. Too much drama for one week for me! :D So many deaths and break ups and pregnancies and God only knows what else... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Congrats Mariebeth on the job, and to everyone who's finished exams today!

Just looked at my rota and realised I'm working six out of the next seven days! I'm going to have the most epic relaxy day on Tuesday ever. Also, college tutor is really happy with my new dissertation topic and shares my hatred of Beckett. Yay! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Yay!! :D

congratulation-cake-thumb10037080.jpg

Exam this morning went ok. Only the one left now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Just handed in my notice after getting official proper offer from new job. Trying to sort out flights now - hoping to land in Ireland on Sun 10th June. OH YEAH! My poor boyfriend won't know what hit him, haha :D

housemate got a job this morning, what is this, good news day? its his birthday too, happy days.

does anyone else get a headache from having their hair in a ponytail/bun or am i just a delicate flower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

bluewolf wrote: »
    does anyone else get a headache from having their hair in a ponytail/bun or am i just a delicate flower

Oh sometimes I do! I don't feel so silly about it now - I'M NOT ALONE!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Kiera wrote: »
    I just started reading a thousand splendid suns and can't put it down. Anyone else read it in here?
    Ooh, I'll have to add this to my 'books to put on my Kindle' list. :)
    Congratulations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Any chance it's the tension from having the hair too tight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm in shock right now! finished college yesterday & offered a job today. really didn't expect it to be so easy!
    Congratulations :D
    I'm the same.

I put my hair up loosely in a claw clip and it helps, but sometimes at night, if I'm not doing anything I leave my hair down and it helps with any headache.

Albection wrote: »
    Any chance it's the tension from having the hair too tight?

it is but i cant find the bobbins i used to have that meant i could wear it more loosely
    sometimes it just hurts no matter how it's up and i have to leave it down but it's too fuzzy to be down today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

it is but i cant find the bobbins i used to have that meant i could wear it more loosely
    sometimes it just hurts no matter how it's up and i have to leave it down but it's too fuzzy to be down today :)
    Can you get the black scrunchies from Penneys, they are around €3, think there's 2-3 in the pack.

I found they helped with having my hair loosely tied up.

• Advertisement

I do sometimes because I have very long, very thick hair and it's pretty heavy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I wonder how much success i'd have if i tried to negotiate a clause into my contract saying if it's a lovely friday afternoon I don't have to go into work for the weekend. Hmmn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

UCC awarded me a title because I did well in my exams last year! :D

pampootie wrote: »
    I wonder how much success i'd have if i tried to negotiate a clause into my contract saying if it's a lovely friday afternoon I don't have to go into work for the weekend. Hmmn.
    Well, if you don't ask, you don't get! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Got a date at 7pm, hair done and showered. Now all I can do is wait. >_>
    *goes and watches some anime*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

One exam down, one to go.

Would dearly love to go home and chillax with a bottle of wine and the Ospreys game on the box, but no, I have to figure out how to bullsh!t past the fact that I haven't actually read Macbeth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Well, balls. Just got a text off my date telling me he's too exhausted from college to go out tonight. :(
    Oh, well. Not going to make a big deal out of it. It means I can go see Dark Shadows. Johnny Depp makes everything better.

McChubbin wrote: »
    Well, balls. Just got a text off my date telling me he's too exhausted from college to go out tonight. :(
    Oh, well. Not going to make a big deal out of it. It means I can go see Dark Shadows. Johnny Depp makes everything better.

It's sod's law. I was supposed to have an, um, gentleman caller on Sunday. Shaved my legs, so of course he cancelled. In fact, while I was shaving them I was like "You're jinxing yourself here, Honey-ec..."

McChubbin wrote: »

I wish Johnny Depp would stop making movies with Tim Burton, although I hear he plays a kooky gothic type character in this, not like him to go against type :pac:

double double toil and trouble
    fire burn and cauldron bubble
    fillet of a fenny snake
    in the cauldron boil and bake!
    Eye of newt, and toe of frog
    Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork, and blindworm's sting

:D

awec wrote: »
    I've read it.

Macbeth kills Duncan and then MacDuff cuts off Macbeth's head in the end. :)

The scary thing is, I actually meant Hamlet... *brains dribble out of ears*

I've read Macbeth, I'll be delighted if there's a question on that! Highly unlikely, though, seeing as it's not on the course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

krudler wrote: »
    I wish Johnny Depp would stop making movies with Tim Burton, although I hear he plays a kooky gothic type character in this, not like him to go against type :pac:

And does Helena Bonham-Carter even do anything else besides Tim Burton movies anymore? :confused:

So tired, 5pm can't come quick enough...
    Honey-ec wrote: »

I've read Macbeth, I'll be delighted if there's a question on that! Highly unlikely, though, seeing as it's not on the course...
    Everyone dies in the end.
    I know, right?

Hamlet- talk about procrastination a lot. And what a bitch Gertrude is. You'll be grand.

Honey-ec wrote: »

Hamlet? have you see the Lion King? same thing. kinda.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement