Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child-suitable game recommendation

Options
  • 12-04-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an XB360 game to get to play with my nephew who is 8.

I'm looking for something a lá MarioKart that is kid appropriate but massive multiplayer fun for adults (me) too.

No specific genres but I imagine I'll mostly only be playing it with him so single player isn't a huge issue, just multi-player thrills.

I don't mind if it's quite old and not the easiest on the eye graphics-wise. Playability and fun are the main concern.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Any of the Lego games always seems to be the best bet. Fun for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In terms of non-competitive, Rayman Origins has a co-op mode for multiple players and would be first on my list. After that there's the various Lego games, Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter and Indiana Jones.

Outside of those, the only decent competitive racer I can think of that's suitable for kids on the 360 is Sonic All-Star Racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

Again, Lego would be a top choice, but any of kinect games are great for kids if there's access to one. If he's into football then Fifa or any of the soccer games are good, my nephew adores playing Fifa with his dad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

He's not much into sports so that rules out Fifa but the Lego and Rayman suggestions could be good. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Get him COD, the main demographic seems to be about that age anyway, he'll fit right in

Here's a list of family-friendly games, it has most of the lego games: here

Also, have you considered kinect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I would say Portal 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I would say Portal 2.

excellent suggestion (that i wouldn't have thought of). might be slightly complex for an 8 yr old but it will do him no harm whatsoever. iirc the reason you can get portal 1 free on pc was to promote it to schools with a view of improving kid's problem solving abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Try Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

You might try a racing game called blur it has a city racer look but plays just like mario kart, good multiplayer as far as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

my son is nine and loves the lego games - you really cant go wrong with any of them and the earlier ones are a snip at pre owned prices. as for others you could try banjo and kazooie, surfs up, doritos dash in arcade is great, cars, open season, pinata games,monsters v aliens,burnout, spiderman, marvel ultimate alliance, skate, tony hawks...there are loads, for a next step up something like Halo 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement