Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Selection closed beta

Options
  • 12-04-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone pre-order to get into this?

Looking at the pax footage it looks like a nice update on the original, but I am cautious of putting money down as the original suffered at times from lack of players and in a closed beta ns2 might have the same problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

holding back. not only because Im extremely cash strapped, but because I never found the game to be - it was missing something. It definitely had a steep learning curve.

If you're wanting to play a similar title in the mean time, try out Nuclear Dawn. I have free passes, too, if I like you enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Been in this from the start. It has had some great progress throughout the beta. Used to play NS1 a lot, give this a blast now instead. There are usually 4-5 full beta servers any evening I want to play. It really is coming along very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The original mod was excellent, one of the most fun HL mods imo, had a look at some of the beta footage. Looks like they've kept everything the same and updated the graphics etc... i'll probably pick it up at some point. Is it going to have single player or something ? Seems a bit expensive for a multiplayer only game.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

The only possible single player would be a local multiplayer game with bots. This will be possible with fan made bots. The developers haven't committed to any bots but even now you can see some of the progress being made by fans in this area.

Multiplayer is the big draw for this game, people as marines, people as aliens, and a few on each team able to jump in and out as commanders (RTS type control).

In many ways it is similar to the original mod with much improved graphics but there are also big differences in there in how tech trees/upgrades are organised. I think if you like the original mod then you will definitely like NS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Holy ****, was just talking about this with a few friends a few months back, we all played the original mod religiously, it was a fantastic bit of fun.

Will follow closely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Definitely worth getting in on the beta, the recent builds are really good and plenty of players online.

Just to note that you'll need a good pc to play it at a smooth framerate, although the minimum specs will come down as the game is further optimised.

Advertisement