Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got rats (Or something).

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Rats are vermin and need to be exterminated! Buy the rat poison that stops their blood from clotting and causes them to bleed to death.
    None of this humane crap, what are you going to do? Rehome it, bring it down to the local ispca, release it back into the wild!!!! Don't be a fool. Death to the vile vermin is the only answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Rats are vermin and need to be exterminated! Buy the rat poison that stops their blood from clotting and causes them to bleed to death.
    None of this humane crap, what are you going to do? Rehome it, bring it down to the local ispca, release it back into the wild!!!! Don't be a fool. Death to the vile vermin is the only answer.

wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I had a mouse who used to sneak into my bedsit at night, while I'd be on Boards. He used to get in through a small hole in the skirting board. I didn't mind him. To be perfectly honest, I enjoyed his company. The people in the flat next door complained about George to the landlord. He asked me did I know anything about this mouse.

I wanted to defend George but to be perfectly honest I wasn't sure that he was either gay or a confirmed bachelor and I didn't want either young George or young Georgina in my place.

So, I betrayed him.:( I told the landlord where he was getting in. The landlord blocked up the skirting board and I didn't see George for a couple of weeks.

Then, a couple of weeks later, I woke up to find George lying on the floor beside my armchair. Christ knows how he got in, cos I've never had a problem with mice either before or since George. And he's dead nearly three years now.

He died of natural causes, and I don't think he left a family behind. I think he was a bachelor and just wanted to die at home where he felt welcome.

I buried him in Belgrave Square, near to the playground, because I thought he would like that. He was a good friend who helped stem the loneliness when I was in my darkest hour.

R.I.P.

George

Maddest thing is, my eldest brother, who lives in London, and also lives alone, was home for a weekend and so (obviously :pac:) we hooked up for a few pints. Here's how the conversation went:

Choco Snr. : "How are y'doing y' mad bastard?"

Choco : "Not so bad. C'mere. Tell me how are you? You're lookin well y'fat cnut."

Choco Snr : "It's called prosperous Choco....prosperous.....so c'mere tell us, how is George?"

Choco : " George passed away"

Choco Snr. : "Aw Christ man, I'm sorry to hear that.....
    .....are you doin' ok?"

It was surreal.

Advertisement