Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you understand the risk!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Congratulations on completing your statistical and risk literacy test!
    Your numeracy score is better than about 50-75% of all college educated individuals. Roughly, this means that out of every 100 people who take the test, you will do better than about 2/3 (66 people) of all other people.

What is the probability that years of alcohol abuse has knocked a few per cent off your score.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.
    I suppose it's not good that I work in risk management then no?q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Ridiculously easy, if my daughter couldn't answer those at age 13 I'd be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Got past question number 1. Had to give up then.

*the shame*

But I am pretty sure I got question no 1 right!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.riskliteracy.org/dnn/

I did it and ...

Surprised!:eek:

The questions look easy, but they ain't! ;)

I also won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I also won.

If you buy a striker for 35 million euro that looks good for 6 months what are the odds he will score more than 4 goals in the season .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Congratulations! You scored better than 125% of the college-educated population. Though there is only a 10% likelihood of that.

Anyways, I fixed their die. Each number is twice as likely as any other to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

I came across this thread at 5am and thought i'd stumbled upon a weed party! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Got stuck on the first question, closed the tab. I cannot math.

• Advertisement

I already know my numeracy skills are low, but my literacy skills more than make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Would love for questions as easy as these to come up in the actuarial exams!

Pythia wrote: »
    Would love for questions as easy as these to come up in the actuarial exams!

P(a|b) = P(a&b)/P(b)
    congrats you have passed ct3!

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

bluewolf wrote: »
    P(a|b) = P(a&b)/P(b)
    congrats you have passed ct3!

*sigh*

All geared up for next week I hope! Can't wait to have my life back! :)

Pythia wrote: »
    All geared up for next week I hope! Can't wait to have my life back! :)

I'm doing 4&5 at the moment, soon I will stop seeing annuity & survival functions every time I close my eyes! Best of luck to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I got three questions

Yeah I got the choir and the dice but did you get one about the mushrooms?

Nah man mine were on the Higgs Boson particle and String Theory. You not get those questions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement