Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could you stay with your partner if you found out they used to be a hooker?

• 12-04-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Lets just say for example the hooker that slept with Wayne Rooney up sticks and moved to America/Australia - somewhere that nobody knew who she was and you ended up going out with her or somebody with a similiar past as her and you found out through a mate/the internet whatever that she (or for the girls out there he) was previously a hooker. Could you stay with them? or would it be to much and you would have to leave them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Lets just say for example the hooker that slept with Wayne Rooney up sticks and moved to America/Australia

The granny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

But... I don't live in America/Australia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

It'd depend when you found out.
    If I found out now, I'd imagine it would be too much. Not because they were previously a hooker, but rather that our relationship was very different to what I thought, ie: open & honest. That'd have been a whopping secret to hold back to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I'd stay with ma ho and pimp that sh1t yo.

...also, it's worth clearing up: would I be libel for a massive outstanding invoice if I left her? It might make more economic sense to stay with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

If they have a clean bill of health, don't do the business anymore and if they still do, they charge loads and then spend the money on me, why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No one wants a fanny like a hippo's yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

smash wrote: »
    The granny?

lol - no, no the one after that. The one thats been in the papers this week for sleeping with Mario Balotelli and the dwarf actor dude. But if you like your grannies thats ok to. Its the idea of it that im on about not any one actual person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Depends on how much she charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Love conquers everything and if you love someone it shouldn't matter what there past is as living in the past will hinder both your life,s going forward. But to answer this question I wouldent in my bullox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so big theres an echo

i can honestly say i've never heard it described like that before - i must write that one down and use it again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

i can honestly say i've never heard it described like that before - i must write that one down and use it again later
    Are you serious or did you forget your " :rolleyes: "?

smash wrote: »
    Are you serious or did you forget your " :rolleyes: "?

nope, i've heard it called a lot of things but never a hippos yawn and yes i will be using that one - when such an occasion comes along :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Clowns Pocket, Wizards Sleeve etc etc

You could be writing for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Aah hell no.

I'd never be happy sticking with a girlfriend if she used to previously voluntarily suck dick for a living. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Aah hell no.

I'd never be happy sticking with a girlfriend if she used to previously voluntarily suck dick for a living. :cool:

involuntary is cool though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

*presents OSO with a well used lady*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Lets just say for example the hooker that slept with Wayne Rooney up sticks and moved to America/Australia - somewhere that nobody knew who she was and you ended up going out with her or somebody with a similiar past as her and you found out through a mate/the internet whatever that she (or for the girls out there he) was previously a hooker. Could you stay with them? or would it be to much and you would have to leave them?

I'd have her do a multi page interview with an erotic photoshoot in a leading Irish Sunday paper.

You stay classy, Sunday Independent. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

phill106 wrote: »
    involuntary is cool though!

I said it because I predicted some PC-mad poster would jump on me and say what happens if they were forced. Bla bla bla.

Saying that though I wouldn't go with an involuntarily hooker either because she'd probably be a basket case and have some severe issues. It's not fair of course but life's not fair. Couldn't be doing with any of that that like :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

sure, we all have a past in fairness and as long as she had no STI's etc, i wouldnt care what she did in her past, i'd say the same about any girl tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Depends on what sorta hookin that der ho be working wif,

Water-sports!?! Defo a keepa in ma humble opinions, sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

well i did find out exactly that but only after the damn ho was pregnant with my son (no paternity issues either :) )

Worse still i married the ho

Doesn't do much for your self respect.................cue 8 years later, a daughter, a seperation and a hefty maintenance payment every month.

Almost soiled myself sitting there with our respective solicitors last year with her solicitor telling me she was worthy of such hefty maintenance payments as she'd put her career on hold for the marriage........i was like "FFS have you told your solicitor what you used to do" - obviously not.

My mates were going to print up a t-shirt for me "hood-winked by a ho". No question she saw me coming - what a 4ucking eejit

Kids are all that matter at this stage and the only way i can justify my stupidity (to myself). I'd never tell them - can you imagine finding out that about your mother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Bambi wrote: »
    Clowns Pocket, Wizards Sleeve etc etc

You could be writing for a while

'Bat Cave'. As in, bats fly out of it when she opens the doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

no way, Prostution irrepairably damages people IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Personnaly, if she liked playing rugby I dont see why it would matter to me...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

So yore mah is emmigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Used to be? USED TO BE?

Did ya hear that luv?

Oh well, Mr.fcukin' lah-de-dah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

rambutman wrote: »
    well i did find out exactly that but only after the damn ho was pregnant with my son (no paternity issues either :) )

Worse still i married the ho.

Ouch! That's an awful situation to find yourself in. Pity this advice from Snoop Dogg to Kris Humphries wasn't around when you were thinking of marrying her:

Transcript:
    "The first advice is, you dumb ass n****, you shouldn't have tried to wife the bitch. She's not that type of a ho. She gets around, man."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭rambutman

Gyalist wrote: »
    Ouch! That's an awful situation to find yourself in. Pity this advice from Snoop Dogg to Kris Humphries wasn't around when you were thinking of marrying her:

Damn straight!!!

Personally loved Biggies tune "Make It Hot"

The line "You can't turn a hoe into a housewife"

So true :)

Ah 4uck it....it is what it is....as they say "ya can't polish a sh1t"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What I find a little funny is the perception that prostitutes and the like, are perceived to have such gaping love caves. Even Mary-Jane Rottencrotch who has gone long periods of time being voluntarily single, can be labelled as 'well used'!

Whereas nothing is said about Betsy who has been in long term relationships all her life. Provided she has been having sex regularly, chances are she is having WAYYY more sex than your average single girl who likes to go out on the pull once a week.

Guys and girls, at a guess, have sex a couple of times a month while on the single scene. (This is being very kind to most cases of singledom!).

EDIT: I've just noticed that I may have gone a little off topic, and this may very well be a thread in its own right. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tripe man

Fizman wrote: »
    Guys and girls, at a guess, have sex a couple of times a month while on the single scene.

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Could you stay with your partner if you found out they used to be a hooker?

Meh, I'd see it as a form of extra income in these tough times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If you really love your partner, then you won't give a **** about her past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Anne...is that you? Has Frank been at the prozzies again???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Zulu wrote: »
    If I found out now, I'd imagine it would be too much. Not because they were previously a hooker, but rather that our relationship was very different to what I thought, ie: open & honest. That'd have been a whopping secret to hold back to be fair.

The difficulty there is that I would imagine it would require a certain timeframe to build trust...it's not the kind of thing you would find out on the first date.

Unless you paid her.

If you really love your partner, then you won't give a **** about her past.
    Even if in their past they did something so abhorrent to your personal belief, it completely, and irreparably changes how you see them as an individual?

Huummm, maybe all those songs and fairy tales about love are accurate.

The difficulty there is that I would imagine it would require a certain timeframe to build trust...it's not the kind of thing you would find out on the first date.

Unless you paid her.
    :confused: That was kinda my point when I asked "it'd depend when you found out".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I would hope that I'd be logical enough to see beyond it. In fact, I would hope I'd be logical enough to allow her to keep doing it.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yep, wouldnt bother me at all. It would help explain her 'appetite'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I'd ask her what its like to work from home

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Used to be seeing a girl who told me after a while she previously did lapdancing/stripping whilst travelling. think it was a major contributing factor for going off her and ending things

So obviously prostitution would be next step up and a definite no-no.

Though there may be exceptional circumstances. The girl I was seeing didn't have to do what she did. She just found it preferable to getting sh*t wages in a pub. Basically I saw that as pathetic. Showed she was a slave to money. Reducing herself to the lowest common denominator and taking advantage of pathetic men who have more money than sense. It would be like going out with someone who cold-reads people with dead relatives for 50quid an hour

Maybe if a girlfriend had previously had no choice. eg her kids starve unless she finds the money or was homeless as a child/teenager and turned to it. that would be completely different.

However if she's the typical prostitute who does it simply because she wants more money.. then no. definitely no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

eek. do men ever get paid for sex by women? cause if he said he'd been a hooker, I'd be a little worried.

but seriously, as zulu said the only real important thing i can imagine would be when you get told. but at the same time, i could maybe understand someone feeling they couldn't say something like that very early on.

I would have to say no.
    The most i could go for ever is 2 previous owners and nothing more than 100,000 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

It would not bother me in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

44leto wrote: »
    It would not bother me in the slightest.

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Yeah wouldn't concern me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Zulu wrote: »

It would be far more upsetting to find out that she'd been hiding the fact that she'd been a solicitor.

Considering the vagina is composed of elastic muscle I'd imagine the hypothetical vagina in question would be tighter than that of a woman with a single partner all her life and a few kids under her belt. A false anaology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Considering the vagina is composed of elastic muscle I'd imagine the hypothetical vagina in question would be tighter than that of a woman with a single partner all her life and a few kids under her belt. A false anaology.

Hey you're not Wibbs! I only listen to him about the elasticity of fannies! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Hey you're not Wibbs! I only listen to him about the elasticity of fannies! :mad:

Please, please, please, call a flange a flange. The word 'fanny' makes me bilious. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement