Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Bin Services

Options
  • 12-04-2012 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

So I've come to the end of my contract with Mr. Binman and am now looking at the various options available to me. Would be very interested to hear people's opinions on their providers.

I think we're done with Mr. Binman because there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding the company. Also, we really don't like having to use the recycling bags. (They're going into a bin, why do they have to go into a bag first!)

What other options are there? Oxigen, Wastepal and Greenstar, is it?

Wastepal seem to have a lot of options. If you move to them, do they give you new bins? If so, do you pay for these? Has anyone used their pay per lift service?

The same questions for Greenstar really.

Oxigen seem to be more expensive so I don't see why I'd go with them.

It's just myself and my wife in the house so we don't have a lot of rubbish really. Just looking to hear what everyone thinks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

In our case we went for the Greenstar pay the lot in advance deal just so I could forget about it. They relabeled our existing bins. We get a recycle lift every 2 weeks and a waste + compost bins collection on the others. This suits us as the recycle bin is the only one that ever gets near full.
    They are always on time and the bins are always left back on the footpath nice and tidy. The text notification on the night before a collection is nice too. No reason for us to change so we renewed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

old gregg wrote: »
    In our case we went for the Greenstar pay the lot in advance deal just so I could forget about it. They relabeled our existing bins. We get a recycle lift every 2 weeks and a waste + compost bins collection on the others. This suits us as the recycle bin is the only one that ever gets near full.
    They are always on time and the bins are always left back on the footpath nice and tidy. The text notification on the night before a collection is nice too. No reason for us to change so we renewed this year.

So you still use three bins yeah? I got the idea from their site that they didn't do compost for some reason. No bags used with the recycling, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've just moved to Waste Pal, they supply bins if you don't have any. No bin tags are used, you can "pay per bin lift" with a small annual charge of €48 (useful for singletons) or do an "all you can eat" annual payment of €220.

www.wastepal.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So you still use three bins yeah? I got the idea from their site that they didn't do compost for some reason. No bags used with the recycling, yeah?

yep we have the 3 bins. The brown bin is seldom more than 1/2 full because we compost a lot for our garden. Grey is similar because we tend to not produce much landfill type waste but the Green bin is nearly always 3/4 due to beer tins and cake boxes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

mike65 wrote: »
    I've just moved to Waste Pal, they supply bins if you don't have any. No bin tags are used, you can "pay per bin lift" with a small annual charge of €48 (useful for singletons) or do an "all you can eat" annual payment of €220.

www.wastepal.com

That's interesting as they don't mention the annual charge in their pricing section. Greenstar say they charge €4 per month alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement