Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with the water in Grange Rath

Options
  • 12-04-2012 9:09am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been having trouble with what appears to be lime in the water supply in Grange Rath?

My dishwasher is leaving a scum all over my dishes, my washing machine is having problems as well. The water just seems to be leaving a rotten residue on everything, and I was wondering if it's just my house or more in GR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Anyone been having trouble with what appears to be lime in the water supply in Grange Rath?

My dishwasher is leaving a scum all over my dishes, my washing machine is having problems as well. The water just seems to be leaving a rotten residue on everything, and I was wondering if it's just my house or more in GR.

Washing Machines live longer with Calgon!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Limescale in GR has been bad from day one. I bought a new washing machine in 2009 and about a week still inside the warranty it broke down. The result was that the element had gone over the space of a year and it was caked in limescale. I now use these once a month and are a lot cheaper than Calgon.

I have found that certain dishwasher tablets don't do the job in terms of the residue on dishes, even some of the more expensive types, so its a case of trial and error. I can only imagine what the heating pipes look like at this stage, but I have added an inhibitor when it was last serviced which should help.

Advertisement