Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal Standard

Options
  • 12-04-2012 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi

I have set up a website and unfortunately using PayPal standard at present.

I was wondering if there is anyway for PayPal standard to open on the credit card option first instead of the paypal sign-in page?

When my customers go through the booking process they are brought to the PayPal page where they are asked to sign-in. Then they must click on the 'not a paypal member and want to pay by credit card' option. Two many steps for my customers to do so wondering how to reduce it by opening straight onto the credit card option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I had a few problems with Paypal before, including that one, and ended up switching to Paypal Express checkout instead - can't remember though if that was before or after I resolved this particular issue.

Though I do remember a problem with testing - I think there's something on the Paypal side where if it finds a Paypal cookie, it'll always default to the sign in/sign up page instead of the credit card option.
    You'll need to either use a different browser or clear any Paypal cookies to test properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Gralus

Thanks MOH.

Got rid of the cookies etc. and it brought me straight to the credit card option.

Now all I have to do is wait till PayPal get the finger out and bring PayPal pro to the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

try ecart

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Gralus wrote: »
    Hi

I have set up a website and unfortunately using PayPal standard at present.

I was wondering if there is anyway for PayPal standard to open on the credit card option first instead of the paypal sign-in page?

When my customers go through the booking process they are brought to the PayPal page where they are asked to sign-in. Then they must click on the 'not a paypal member and want to pay by credit card' option. Two many steps for my customers to do so wondering how to reduce it by opening straight onto the credit card option?

Thanks

Or... you can personalise you PayPal checkout page with your logo/banner, on which you can include some instructions e.g. "To pay with VISA/Mastercard click on the 'credit card' tab"?

Advertisement