Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To buy or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

What do you think of this Honda CRV

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/CR-V/CR-V-SR-/4913301149401280/advert?channel=CARS

or this Sportage

http://www.carzone.ie/search/KIA/Sportage/2.0-4X4-/3013287336253620/advert?channel=CARS

Not planning to do many miles so not too concerned about being a petrol.

If you are serious re the Sportage I have one for sale too better value than that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

@OP - Stay away from the back-street dealers, it's just not worth the grief. Much safer to buy the right car privately. If Techie's car really does have FSH and everything checks out then it does look like a far better buy than either of the two you posted.

Anan1 wrote: »
    @OP - Stay away from the back-street dealers, it's just not worth the grief. Much safer to buy the right car privately. If Techie's car really does have FSH and everything checks out then it does look like a far better buy than either of the two you posted.

Thanks for that, mine is well looked after, also Mine has had the Timing Belt done and is also Taxed.

techie wrote: »
    If you are serious re the Sportage I have one for sale too better value than that one?

Was just going to link to your recent thread :)

RoverJames wrote: »

Many thanks :D

• Advertisement

Does that mean you will all be looking for Commission ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

techie wrote: »

I do have to trade in 2 cars also. Any opinions on the jeeps welcome.

Ok good luck with that so, I won't comment on the Sportage as I would be biased HEAVILY in favour of one :D

What are the cars you are trading in?

You'd be far better off shifting at least one of them on donedeal before approaching a dealer about a yoke with €6500 on the screen :)

The CRV is auto too, just in case you didn't notice, not a bad thing but many folks don't like them.

What are the cars you are trading in?

You'd be far better off shifting at least one of them on donedeal before approaching a dealer about a yoke with €6500 on the screen :)

2002 diesel passat (200k) & 2004 renalt modus (diesel), I was going to chance my arm and try and sell the modus on-line allright first.

• Advertisement

I'd recommend selling your cars privately. Re the cars, what are your requirements? Do you actually need to go offroad? If so, to what extent?

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd recommend selling your cars privately. Re the cars, what are your requirements? Do you actually need to go offroad? If so, to what extent?

Just to pull a small horse box & 1 horse sometimes out of a muddy field and 10mins in & out of work, up to 9k budget if a get decent money for cars to trade in...

2002 diesel passat (200k) & 2004 renalt modus (diesel), I was going to chance my arm and try and sell the modus on-line allright first.

You'll get next to nothing for the Passat as a trade in, DoneDeal it and it will go at a price, if it's straight and clean it'll defo shift quickly at the right price :) (might well see it for sale shortly afterwards with less mileage :pac: )

You'll get stung badly trading in an 04 Modus against the likes of what you linked to, not much wriggling room, they'll easily want the guts of €4500+ off you I'd expect, you should be able to shift a diesel one on donedeal for decent ish money too tbh.

If you have to trade in one, I'd stick to your plan of selling the Modus privately but I'd try and offload both and go to buy straight.

Op, can you post up details of that Modus as I know someone that might be interested in it please?

Just to pull a small horse box & 1 horse sometimes out of a muddy field and 10mins in & out of work, up to 9k budget if a get decent money for cars to trade in...
    If it were me, i'd be looking for an automatic Subaru Forester. They're a bit hard on fuel but very capable, very reliable, and not crazy money to buy. Buy one and you'll probably end up keeping it forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jody1964

hi all
    reading your posts and you all seem to know what your talking abt so can you plzzz help me im looking to buy a used family car as have grandkids twins as well as my own kids im just looking for an 01 to 03 maybe but whats the right car can anyone give me good advise dont mind it being a 2.0 either.

thanks a mill

If a normal car is to your liking a Maxda 6 might suit, the 1.8 petrol, not the diesel. What car do you have at the moment?

jody1964 wrote: »
    hi all
    reading your posts and you all seem to know what your talking abt so can you plzzz help me im looking to buy a used family car as have grandkids twins as well as my own kids im just looking for an 01 to 03 maybe but whats the right car can anyone give me good advise dont mind it being a 2.0 either.

thanks a mill

Sounds like you need a 7 Seater??

i dont have car at the moment had a suz jimmy but now want bigger car just lost when it comes to picking right one for my needs i would like a 7 seater so what 7 seater eco one can anyone reccomend can you get 1.6 1.8s in 6/7 seaters

You're probably better off starting a new Thread, looking for somethink like an Opel Zafira, that comes with a 1.6 engine alright.

• Advertisement

thanks a mill ill try that

jody1964 wrote: »
    thanks a mill ill try that

FYI : If you are starting a new thread, tell people what your budget is and what you require from the car.

Advertisement