Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"My Forums" tab in iPad stays open blocking page...

Options
  • 12-04-2012 10:26am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

A small but annoying bug has been happening since I got the new iPad.

Using the Beta skin, most of the time I visit a Boards.ie page in Safari the "My Forums" dropdown opens and remains open even when I'm trying to scroll down. Tapping "Reply" to a post, or even thanking a post gets rid of it. Otherwise it just sits there, mocking me. :(

Have been using the Touch site more as it's annoying!

That is all.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I reported this a while ago. It's a problem with desktop browsers as well. It can come and go. The only solution I found was to not use the Beta skin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ah, I see.
    Thanks SP - I did a search but as it wasn't labelled an iPad issue it didn't come up. (Never seen it outside of it...)

Bring on the Boards app! *

* With 'new' iPad support. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

So, I think I've fixed this. I've certainly fixed one source of beta menu headaches, let me know if you're still seeing the problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Still happening here, both with iPad and Safari on the Mac.

OK, I've put some more time into this.

This time I think I've got it. Let me know if not and I'll just go commit seppuku....

• Advertisement

Nope, it's still happening I'm afraid. :o

I take it you'll be needing this:

photo_lec_tew_2.jpg

baaaah...

OK well it certainly seems to be happening somewhat less often anyway... (humour me :))

I don't know anything about javascript or web development, but as a temporary solution could you not just put an empty menu disguised as the Boards logo or something in before the Boards.ie menu? At least then there wouldn't be a menu dropping down blocking everything.

*shrugs*

I'll have a look later at home - and try and humour you Paddy!

:o

Still there :sad face:

• Advertisement

*cough*

I think the "resolved" label on this thread is, um, optimistic? :o
    Sorry - am on iPad 80% of the time now!

Is it a VBulletin thing?

I take your point and I've thread but back in bug report status.

It's not a vbulletin issue it's an issue with the beta menu. You do have the option of switching off the beta skin although I understand that the default menu isn't all that usable, particularly on a touch device. Your other option is to use the touch site on your ipad.

We're reluctant to put much more effort into this problem as we're currently working on a new menu system that should improve on the beta menu. I'll be sure to sign you up as a beta tester once we have that ready.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement