Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering calves when in SCWS

• 12-04-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hey all, we registered for the first time this year in SCWS as we've been out of sucklers for a long time.

Do you have to register the calves in the big book instead of just sending back the cards in the tag box? Have a few to send and was expecting to have the the book by now but no sign and want to know if I have to use it.

I know you can go online but not going down this route for now.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I think that you had to be in the Suckler Cow Welfare Scheme (SCWS) from the start - I don't think you can join it this year. (Maybe I'm wrong??)

As for the general registering of calves, you just have to send away the card from the tag box and they will send you back the blue card. then you can fill the details from the card into your herd register (Big Book).

Hope that helps?

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Hey all, we registered for the first time this year in SCWS as we've been out of sucklers for a long time.

Do you have to register the calves in the big book instead of just sending back the cards in the tag box? Have a few to send and was expecting to have the the book by now but no sign and want to know if I have to use it.

I know you can go online but not going down this route for now.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to do it online, just have it all written out in order before you start. You will get an EXTRA 2e per cow for doing all the donkey work for THEM too!

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

reilig wrote: »
    I think that you had to be in the Suckler Cow Welfare Scheme (SCWS) from the start - I don't think you can join it this year. (Maybe I'm wrong??)

Hope that helps?

Thanks Reilig but it was reopened this year for new registrations, it ends in 2012 though. At least so said the forms I filled in. Therefore I need to know if I can still just use the cards or if I should wait and fill out the big registration book with white and yellow sheets. Apologies to those who do it all online and don't know the various sheet colours.

I simply can't do it online so that is not an option for me at the mo. i know its easier but them's the breaks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I only used the big book with the blue/yellow pages the first year, as far as I can remember you use it instead of the white cards in the tagbox. If it's late you may have to tell porkies about DOB? If you register late you don't get 40e kind of defeats the purpose.

Big advantage of online is if you make a mistake it stops you there and then. If you make a mistake on paper its another fcuking letter (more stress) from THEM. Please for your own sake re-consider going on-line. Well done on getting into it btw I thought it couldn't be done.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

blue5000 wrote: »
    I only used the big book with the blue/yellow pages the first year, as far as I can remember you use it instead of the white cards in the tagbox. If it's late you may have to tell porkies about DOB? If you register late you don't get 40e kind of defeats the purpose.

Thanks Blue, i've registered a couple of hundred of them for another fella in Dairying and sucklers for the past few years so I'm well used to the dates and letters back re dates problems, he has the book though.

All I need to find out is if I do have to have the book or if I can send back the cards. Its not a big deal anyway, i'll give the dept a buxx.

Ta fir the advice anyway, much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement