Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

notchs new game - 0x10c

Options
  • 12-04-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

i know this is still in early development but he is releasing it in stages like he did with minecraft, was wondering does anyone have any idea when this will be out in alpha stage? be nice to get in early again and see it grow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://0x10c.com

A long time is my guess.
    Also, I foresee not many people willing to pay a monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

One of the best things about Minecraft was its simplicity. This game looks like it will not share that trait... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Monthly fee ... He lost me right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Monthly fee will not apply to singleplayer
    Funglegunk wrote: »
    One of the best things about Minecraft was its simplicity. This game looks like it will not share that trait... :(
    Agreed. It looks like this game is aimed squarely at those who built redstone computers and the like. But we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Should be interesting. Glad its not "Minecraft" in space, would have been disappointing if he just rehashed the same formula instead of trying something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Doesn't seem original to me at all, really sounds like Garrys Mod space stuff but on a larger scale. If he pulls that off then holy f*ck it would be great but id hate to see people label Notch as an innovator in IP development.

On another note does this mean that his game Scrolls are dead? His development cycle is very weird...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,629 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I suppose the first & most obvious comparison would be that it sounds like Elite or (latterly) the X series of games; but it also reminds me of Faster Than Light, which I'm eagerly waiting to appear on PC.

Wouldn't want it to be Minecraft in space, but I wouldn't want it to look like Minecraft either. Space faring games tend to be very easy on the eye, and I'd hope Notch at least brings a little graphical flair to the party this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

In 1988, a brand new deep sleep cell was released, compatible with all popular 16 bit computers. Unfortunately, it used big endian, whereas the DCPU-16 specifications called for little endian. This led to a severe bug in the included drivers, causing a requested sleep of 0x0000 0000 0000 0001 years to last for 0x0001 0000 0000 0000 years.

Whoops, sorry lads! My bad. I kept meaning to check that, but you know how it is...

Still, no harm done, eh?

Advertisement