Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tsunami of complaints for KFC Thailand

• 12-04-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just when you think advertisers couldn't sink any lower
    http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/world-news/kfc-sorry-for-tsunami-chicken-ad-3079554.html

KFC has apologised for a Facebook message that urged people to rush home during the tsunami scare in Thailand and order a bucket of chicken.

As people were being urged to evacuate beach areas, the company posted: "Let's hurry home and follow the earthquake news. And don't forget to order your favourite KFC menu."

It prompted hundreds of angry comments on Thai websites denouncing the company as insensitive and selfish.

The message has now been removed and replaced by one asking for forgiveness.

The earthquakes in Indonesia revived memories of the 2004 Asian tsunami that claimed 230,000 lives, including more than 8,000 people in Thailand.

I find this morally objectional but it does raise a very important question - what fast food would you rush to get if a natural disaster threatened?

I'd go with Subway - very enjoyable hot or cold just in case you have to make it last.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

McTsunami

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,121 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

you'd be better off with a McDonalds as the salt levels in the food would be enough to make you float in the water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

In the circumstances Id order something for every restaurant just to make sure food gets through . If subway got sunamied youd be sick you didnt have a back up pizza ordered.
    Also best get some tinned food like my old mate Justin Casey would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Tefral

Chips from Supermacs tend to be like rubber.. a go large and youd have enough to float.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Quazzie wrote: »
    you'd be better off with a McDonalds as the salt levels in the food would be enough to make you float in the water.
    Plus it will still be good to eat twenty years later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

McTsunami

KFC=/=McDonalds fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

With some of the rubbery crap they serve there'd be a brown tsunami coming out of my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some of Ballinasloe's finest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I imagine they were awash with complaints

Im sure kfc dont care they are just like awh phuket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

read that as a KFC Tsunami, imagine all that chicken, what a way to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

cloptrop wrote: »
    Im sure kfc dont care they are just like awh phuket.

is that a bargain phuket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The tsunami could sweep away a lot of customers, but a lot of them will soon start drifting back.:):)

To apologise they may have to fook a shima.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

The largest pizza possible then I'd recreate the last scene from the Titantic..

"I won't let you go Jack..... oi, that's my Hawaiian you're eating you fúcker"
    *thump
    "Woohoo I'm King of the Pizza"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

8 years later and the complaints are still flooding in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

WindSock wrote: »
    8 years later and the complaints are still flooding in?

Yeah that message asking for forgiveness did nothing to stem the tide.

Advertisement