Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro Languages College French Course?

• 12-04-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Has anyone completed, or know of anyone who has completed there summer french course?
    I am looking for feedback for my nephew who is in fourth year and wants to become fluent in french (weird right:))!!
    He suggested travelling, or maybe a summer course this year or next! I came across there site while doing a search for him.

If anyone has any input it would be great..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Hi. I did an ELC course in Clongowes (2009). To be honest, It was a huge course with a lot of people from Dublin at it. Though, ELC does many courses in other parts of the country. If you were thinking of ELC, I'd suggest somewhere else other than Clongowes. Having said that, my French did improve and it did help for the exams. The teachers and youth leaders tend to generally be French, except a few past students who are Irish. It's very similar to the Gaeltacht except you're in a boarding school.

At the same time, if money permits, a spell in France would be more beneficial. I once did a course in EF Nice. It is pricey, but a two week course would not be far off from an ELC course. If you did the right way of course (Ryanair, Host family and course). It was a great experience, and the opportunity was there to be as immersed as you wanted to be in French.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Oliver_Ahern

Thanks for your detailed reply.
    I was aware that Clongowes was a popular location for it, it is up to him where he wants to go I guess but it would be more beneficial to go to a less in demand campus maybe.
    I felt it would be a good idea as it was like a gaeltacht, as in he would be immersed in the language.

He's not up for travelling alone and being in a place he is unfamiliar.
    But thanks for your feeback, it is much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cookey131

Hi I am going to a French course in a few weeks! I am wondering if many people go on their own cause my friend pulled out at the last minute! I hear that their are fancy dress and disco nights! What do u recommend I bring for those??? Is there anything that I need to bring with me???

Thanks for any reply ;)

Advertisement