Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will you sponsor me

• 12-04-2012 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

I work in a shop,the last few months the number of people all shapes and sizes and ages are coming in asking me to sponsor them.Just happened a min ago.

Are there many others out there getting this cods wollop too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Generally a scam. I use it all the time to get free sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

drdeadlift wrote: »
    I work in a shop,the last few months the number of people all shapes and sizes and ages are coming in....

*Gets image of hexagon-shaped person walking in*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Asking shop employees for sponsorship is a bit brazen. Are they asking you personally to sponsor, or are they looking for the shop to 'corporate sponsor'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What pisses me off with this sponsorship business is that most people expect you to pay up front for so much a mile. They're hardly likely to give you a refund if they get hit by a truck after walking 50 yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Asking shop employees for sponsorship is a bit brazen. Are they asking you personally to sponsor, or are they looking for the shop to 'corporate sponsor'?

They seem not to give a barney if its me or the shop sponsoring them.
    One lad came in this morning stood there and asked was it busy(thats annoying when you know they are after something other than you sell) then takes out his card and asks will you sponsor me NO.He didn't even make an effort he was dressed like a scruffball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Will you sponsor me for a trip to the Andes, walk the Great Wall, climb Mount Kilamanjaro?

Yeah, like I'm sending you on a holiday of a lifetime :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Will you sponsor me?"

"Why, are you an alcoholic?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Maybe they are alcoholics and are desperately reaching out for some help? And there you are, flat out refusing to be their sponsor. FOR SHAME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What pisses me off with this sponsorship business is that most people expect you to pay up front for so much a mile. They're hardly likely to give you a refund if they get hit by a truck after walking 50 yards.

I hate the ones that want sponsorship for a 10k run etc but they intend to walk it. I usually say I'll pay up if you put in the training and actually run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Maybe they are alcoholics and are desperately reaching out for some help? And there you are, flat out refusing to be their sponsor. FOR SHAME.

No its more along the lines of im going to do the London marathon stuff.With your bleeding heart they will continue there scrounge quest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A mini marathon is not a marathon

And walking a mini marathon does not mean you completed a marathon

Sorry, probably seems elitist :o

Just awfully misleading, if you want sponsorship for a marathon then I assume that is what you are doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Will you sponsor me for a trip to the Andes, walk the Great Wall, climb Mount Kilamanjaro?

Yeah, like I'm sending you on a holiday of a lifetime :rolleyes:

+ 1

How about you climb Croagh Patrick? The charity would get so much more money if flights, etc didn't have to come out of your sponsorship money.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

usually the kids looking for sponsorship are members of a certain ethnic background and have a car full of their family outside waiting for them. It's usually for a boxing club that doesn't exist.

always read who it's for and question the kids. they are clueless after a few questions because they trade on people that just give them money for nothing.

and as for the skydiving sponsors? oh will you sponsor me for a skydive?? basically pay for me to do one and anything I make over the cost, will go to charity. Pay for it yourself and have all proceeds go to charity you cheap cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

-Sponsor me to do a parachute jump?

-No, but I'll give my tenner directly to the NCBI and give you the reciept if you like?

-That's no good at all!

Advertisement