Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Day In The Life Of A DCU Student

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

I think it's really good , I like the music and it's got a little story line with the girl flirting.

but to Market DCU I would shown a shorter commute and would have brought clubs and socs in ( how about a simple shot of the guy looking at all the club and soc posters or the girl looking at a poster, the guy goes over starts chatting and they agree to see each other at one of the events )

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

It's a really neat video, but in terms of marketing DCU it could probably do a bit more.

About half of it happens outside of the college, and when he finally gets there, there are no shots of signs or anything to indicate where he is, so someone unfamiliar with the campus mightn't know the character is in DCU yet. The parts where he's in lectures and studying show him twirling a pen and to me that's indicative of boredom or frustration and while it might well be true to life, it really doesn't sell the academic side of the university very well.

The above poster mentioned clubs and socs and you could definitely throw in a few shots of them through the student's eyes to make the college look more vibrant and diverse. Seeing some of the other college facilities would help too - computer labs, sports hall, the Hub, Helix, etc. The scenes in the gym, canteen and library all focus on what's immediately in front of the student and he never looks around to see the full scale of those locations.

The moment with the girl is a nice touch and I like the shots at the end too but The Academy (I think) isn't exactly unique to DCU so it doesn't fit well with the "You can go anywhere from here" tagline.

I do think you've made a cool film, it's just if you're trying to sell DCU to people it could probably go a little further.

Advertisement