Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the signatures on this site dofollow?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Cos according to my mozbar, some sigs are do follow and others are not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I hadn't checked until now, but yours is showing as "no follow"

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭techfeen

Hey Black knight, thats whats baffling me, yours are showing up dofollow. how could that be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

techfeen wrote: »
    Hey Black knight, thats whats baffling me, yours are showing up dofollow. how could that be :)
    Some of the links go through an outbound link verifier. There was an admin post about it a few weeks ago.

This is the thread about it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056523885

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭techfeen

Hey jmcc, thanks for the reply and excuse my ignorance but I dont quite get that thread. Is there any way of get my sig dofollow, im not a spammer i just found it would be useful way of getting exposure for my site since im on here anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

techfeen wrote: »
    Hey jmcc, thanks for the reply and excuse my ignorance but I dont quite get that thread. Is there any way of get my sig dofollow, im not a spammer i just found it would be useful way of getting exposure for my site since im on here anyway :)
    I think that Boards.ie was passing links for verification via Google's safe browsing API to ensure they were not malware links. If it passed verification then it may change to dofollow or an ordinary link but I'm not familiar with Google's safe browsing API or how Boards.ie has set it up.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
Advertisement