Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you blow dry the "gentlemans area" or the "lady garden" after showering??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'd hate to risk getting a burn down there. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

A towel does it for me.

Blow job instead of blow dry maybe

A towel does it for me
    The towel blow drys your bits?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

If your lady garden is big enough to warrant a blow dry, you ain't a lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Blow driers ruin the quality of one's hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I leave mine hanging on the line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where's the poll?

Sign me up for "no".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Drip dry.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I air dry - though the children have started to complain.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

if you gotta blow dry the 'lady garden' its time to mow the lawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭black & white

A guy in my gym does it every day he's there, along with his 'pits. He does it while looking at himself in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

nope and i think the people that do(especially in the gym) are weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Talc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

what element of this is unhygienic? I'm not a physicist (hygienist or engineer) but blowing warm air at your "gentlemans area" or "lady garden" would surely have no impact on the actual device?? Does it involve moving/handling the region (which has hopefully just been washed) and the hairdrier, or is Ben suggesting the blow driver goes in close and touches the aforementioned areas.

i dont like hairdriers anyway....too noisy!!!! id glad to see the back of them (though im not in a ben dunne gym.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I do. Sometimes I blow dry it straight just for a change of scenery.

I also like to put little clips and braids in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ben needs to cut back on the hookers and coke before he gets too hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

any chance of some pics? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ffs, that man will say or do anything to get his name in the paper and pimp his shitty gyms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unless you have big hairy rocker locks on your head, I think there's something wrong with a man using a hairdryer at all, so no I can't say I've ever considered using one on my short and curlies.

Though it's clearly a stunt by Dunne. How does using hairdryer down there constitute a health hazard exactly? It's not like people are using communal combs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

nothing there to blow dry......................

NO wait there is...............i mean there is no hair........phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The only blow to the gentlemans area after a shower is by the missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

seamus wrote: »
    Though it's clearly a stunt by Dunne. How does using hairdryer down there constitute a health hazard exactly? It's not like people are using communal combs.
    I'm a member of one of his gyms and they have been removed. maybe some idiot burnt the balls off himself or something. or maybe some dirt bird contracted crabs from his secretary and told his wife that he caught it from the hairdryer in the gym.

I remember a drunken stay at a hotel a few years ago. The hotel room had a hair dryer on the wall of the bathroom. It had a big length of tubing coming from it, not one of the electric hand ones.
    After a feed of pints, me and my friend thought it'd be a luagh to fill up the sink with water, and use the hair dryer to blow bubbles. It worked a treat.

Further curiosity made us check to see if the hose would reach the toilet. It did...... And toilet bubbles were made!!

So yeah, I can see how a hair dryer could be unhygenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Blowdrying crotches and christianity :confused:
    Sounds like Dunnesy the Snowman's been powdering his nose again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

frag420 wrote: »

None at all? :eek:

Oh and :confused: at all those saying you're not a lady if you have hair down there. Personal choice and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

A towel or linen bathrobe gets me dry in my centrally heated homes.:)

As for Ben Dunne, I'd have thought he'd have learned that it's better not to use the word "blow" and remind us of something.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

Man of a certain age do it in my gym and its disgusting. They dry every inch of their bodies with the dryer. Its like watching a prune blowing in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I'm NEVER visting a Gym (although maybe we should note the true greek meaning of the word....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

seamus wrote: »
    How does using hairdryer down there constitute a health hazard exactly? It's not like people are using communal combs.

It blows the crabs around the dressing room :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

corktina wrote: »
    I'm NEVER visting a Gym (although maybe we should note the true greek meaning of the word....

I'd prefer not to know tbh;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Mr Dunne said any gym patrons unhappy with the move will be entitled to a refund of their membership fee

Fine I wouldn't be going back to your gym anymore Ben. You've crossed the line:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My woman just caught me blow drying my penis and asked what was I doing. Apparently, "heating your dinner" was not the right answer. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

The wife was colouring her friends hair on tuesday so i thought it would be funny to let her bleach my pubes,after 15 mins it started to burn so i washed it off,now there ginger,she also blow dried them after with a parting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

The sensation of warm air in that area is particularly pleasant.

However, no. I wouldn't do that in a gym.

I just dry myself with a towel, chase the other patrons around with my 'helicopter penis' and leave with my grace and dignity intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I do. Sometimes I blow dry it straight just for a change of scenery.

another post and poster combination win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Noobs. Get with the times people!

I just spray some of this stuff in that area before having a shower:
    http://youtu.be/7is6r6zXFDc

Don't have to worry about drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

The old wrinkly women do it in my gym, and once they're finished with their ladygardens, they stand there in all their prune-like glory drying the hair on their head :(

On the other hand, you've kinda got to admire their confidence...but still.... ewwwwwwww :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

tatumkelly wrote: »
    they stand there in all their prune-like glory drying the hair on their head :(
    I still don't get why gym changing rooms are so open, so people aren't happy to try on a pair of jeans in front of other people in a shop but getting completely nakey is fine, I suppose its like the I'd be mortified for anyone to see me in my underwear but a bikini is fine, just because its sports and leisure does not mean I'm instantly not weird about changing in front of others or having people change in front of me and I wish it didn't bother me. I go to a gym and there's never really any other women there just meat heads phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A blast of hot air to a highly sensitive area could only lead to disaster OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

saa wrote: »
    I still don't get why gym changing rooms are so open, so people aren't happy to try on a pair of jeans in front of other people in a shop but getting completely nakey is fine, I suppose its like the I'd be mortified for anyone to see me in my underwear but a bikini is fine, just because its sports and leisure does not mean I'm instantly not weird about changing in front of others or having people change in front of me and I wish it didn't bother me. I go to a gym and there's never really any other women there just meat heads phew.

Yeah it's a bit odd alright. I'm not shy, like if changing rooms are full I'd often try on a top in the big open area in the fitting rooms, I don't really care about that cos everyone is too busy admiring themselves to notice you whipping off your top for 2 mins.

Changing rooms are functional, do what you've gotta do and get out...

There is no need to stand there naked for half an hour drying off, and then making me choke as you lash on clouds of talc to the saggy skin around your lady bits...... floral scented talc.....ewwwww :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

I use a GHD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I heard Ben on Newtalk around 12.45 going on about this, the way he was talking you'd swear men were spunking in his face while using the dryer or something lol.

I dont do it, a towel is fine, but I mean whats the big deal? Its prob only for a few seconds and if too close or for any longer than that you'll burn your willy.

Its all advertisment for Ben is what I see. He just plugged that he is opening something like 10 new gyms in the UK this year, take what you will from that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Fail to see how this is unhygenic. More like BD has been racking his brains to get himself a bit of publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emeraldquill

eh...my 'lawn' has been removed, couldn't afford the time for topiary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Confab wrote: »
    Ben needs to cut back on the hookers and coke before he gets too hypocritical.

For anyone who, like me, was thinking "hmm what could this mean", I've done some googling and holy ****, how this man can preach to others after what he has gotten upto is beyond me:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/better-value-may-not-be-the-abiding-memory-of-the-dunnes-1530031.html

A nice excerpt:
    On arriving in Florida with friends, Dunne went on a massive cocaine binge, staying in the city's finest hotel costing $1,200 per night. High on cocaine, he then ordered a prostitute to come to his suite on the 17th floor. Denise Wojcik arrived at about 1.30am, where she was greeted by her host with a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne and a $400 tip. Immediately the two of them started to snort lines of cocaine, which Ben Dunne chopped up with his membership card to the exclusive K-Club golf and country club in Kildare -- a use for which the card was almost certainly not intended.

At about 6am in the morning Ben Dunne began to seriously lose the plot, fumbling around in his room for his safe for cash to pay the girl. Soon screaming at the top of his voice, she called hotel security who then called the police.

"He was like some crazed King Kong, jumping up and down and swinging this object over his head," the prostitute said later. Dunne was arrested and charged with a series of serious drug offences, including trafficking, which carried a mandatory jail sentence. However, luckily for Dunne, the serious charges were dropped and he faced a lesser charge of possessing a small amount of cocaine.

This was not to be the end of the Ben Dunne scandal, however, and he was to have one more fling with cocaine which resulted in him jumping into an empty swimming pool where he broke both ankles.

And of course, don't forget about the million quid he just gave away to Haughey. The man's an out-and-out utter prick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

And of course, don't forget about the million quid he just gave away to Haughey. The man's an out-and-out utter prick.

Maybe so, but his point remains valid. I thought it was pretty disturbing seeing that whenever I was a member of Carlisle - one day I was getting changed and there was an oul lad half bent over pulling his ar$e cheeks apart blow drying away for all he was worth. It was hard to miss this as he was doing it in the middle of the main doorway which lead from the changing rooms to the swimming pool area.

All the serial ball dryer-abusers shared the trait of being a good few stone overweight with massive pot bellies. Maybe they should have been concentrating on their lifting instead of being preoccupied with shoving a hairdryer up their ar$es. (Their "workouts" usually consisted of parking up the taxi and then heading in to the jacuzzi for half an hour before misusing the hair dryer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

For anyone who, like me, was thinking "hmm what could this mean", I've done some googling and holy ****, how this man can preach to others after what he has gotten upto is beyond me:
    [...]The man's an out-and-out utter prick.

The man lives the coke and hookers dreams and suddenly he's an "out and out prick".

I'm fairly confident the reason why many people don't act like Ben Dunne did is more due to financial inhibition than moral inhibition.

I think it's safe to say Ben Dunne has recovered from that period in his life. He openly admits his mistakes, which are nobody else's business really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

after seeing male members use the dryers on their private parts.

So I'm the only one who saw this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

frag420 wrote: »

None at all? :eek:

Oh and :confused: at all those saying you're not a lady if you have hair down there. Personal choice and all.

Nothing!! Looks great in the pics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

New membership rule:

Hollywood once a month or shower at home.

May hurt but looks so much better ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement