Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg reviews!

Options
  • 12-04-2012 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

So, what are your opinions on this year's Easter eggs?

Are you, like me, still munching away at them?

Do you think they were :D or :( ?

I thought there was a much better selection this year, still not as impressive as about 5 years ago, but still an improvement! Although I'm all for keeping the Earth green, I miss the packaging of the old Easter eggs:( 'Twas nice to build a nice big castle of them :p

The Kinder Easter egg was, as always, lovely:cool: Although, their toy leaves a lot to be desired:o

The Nestle Caramel was really yummy! I know of some people who say that Nestle eggs taste like cardboard. I like the chocolate though:)

The Lily O'Brien's honeycomb pieces egg was delicious nomnomnom! Love the thick shell and smooth chocolate;)

Then, I had the Lindt white bunny. Lindt chocolate is the nicest one, imo!

So, in conclusion:

Me=:)

Waistline=:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

So, what are your opinions on this year's Easter eggs?

Are you, like me, still munching away at them?

Do you think they were :D or :( ?

I thought there was a much better selection this year, still not as impressive as about 5 years ago, but still an improvement! Although I'm all for keeping the Earth green, I miss the packaging of the old Easter eggs:( 'Twas nice to build a nice big castle of them :p

The Kinder Easter egg was, as always, lovely:cool: Although, their toy leaves a lot to be desired:o

The Nestle Caramel was really yummy! I know of some people who say that Nestle eggs taste like cardboard. I like the chocolate though:)

The Lily O'Brien's honeycomb pieces egg was delicious nomnomnom! Love the thick shell and smooth chocolate;)

Then, I had the Lindt white bunny. Lindt chocolate is the nicest one, imo!

So, in conclusion:

Me=:)

Waistline=:eek:

Guessing your too young to have had Rowntree's

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

I won a 1kg Lindt Bunny - Super delicious though at 5600 calories and 360gs of Fat, I probably should have made it last more than 2days!!!!!!

It was yummy though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^ So jealous! Where'd you win it?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

^ So jealous! Where'd you win it?

it was one of those like us on facebook to win competitions. The site was http://dailyupdate.ie/ I liked and I won!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got a M&S Belgian Creamy Milk Chocolate egg and it's delicious. I think that M&S has been hit and miss when it comes to chocolate over the last couple of years but this egg is great. Lovely and thick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

No idea how i got to this thread.. but i am fatter having just read it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Guessing your too young to have had Rowntree's

I remember having it about 8 or 9 years ago! Can't really remember the taste though:)

This is getting kind of embarrassing.....I HAVE ANOTHER REVIEW:p

Galaxy Hexagonal Easter Egg:

This one was really nice:) The chocolate was smooth and velvety, and wasn't bitter like the Cadbury ones.

And yes, I ate the whole egg.

I bet ye think I'm a greedy beast-I promise, I'm not:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I got a gift of a Caffreys Easter basket two years ago, there was a *giant* milk chocolate egg and then some smaller eggs (milk/dark/white) and a hen.
    I'd never really had their chocolate as such before, but it was damn delicious!!
    After being helped with eating all the smaller eggs etc. I made 67 rice krispie buns with the large egg, and they were fab!
    Didn't really see any this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I bought my fiance a 500g Lindt Bunny. Which she loved. Cost 20E which I think is about 10E less than the same product last year.
    I had the 570g hex box Dairy milk Chocolate Bar egg. 10E in Tesco- great value and nice tasting.

I used remember the cadbury easter eggs having a Easter chick as the design on the egg shell. I missed that.

• Advertisement

I bought my fiance a 500g Lindt Bunny. Which she loved. Cost 20E which I think is about 10E less than the same product last year.
    I had the 570g hex box Dairy milk Chocolate Bar egg. 10E in Tesco- great value and nice tasting.

I used remember the cadbury easter eggs having a Easter chick as the design on the egg shell. I missed that.

Yeah:( Do ya remember when you'd crack open the egg and buttons would come out?:o

Why must they change things?:(

That had my sister extremely disappointed too. Don't think we've seen chicks on them for the past few years. There was a flower pattern on some though last year, but didn't come across those this Easter.

I found the chocolate in the Cadbury eggs disappointing this year. Normally I really enjoy it, even though it's not the same as the Dairy Milk bar, but at one point on Easter Sunday night I stopped and realised I was enjoying the Mars chocolate egg shell that my mom asked me to help her with (no problem) far more than I was enjoying my Cadbury's one. And Mars chocolate wouldn't really be my favourite now at all.

Step it up, Cadbury. Kraft. Whoever you are now :(

I didn't have one Cadbury egg this year:eek: I gave up on them! It all started going downhill when they got rid of the white chocolate buttons, and then added some sort of ingredient that makes the chocolate taste really bitter or something:(

Also, I thought they were pretty mean the way they sneakily reduced the weight of the Roses sweets at Christmas too-that was just uncalled for:mad:

Also, I thought they were pretty mean the way they sneakily reduced the weight of the Roses sweets at Christmas too-that was just uncalled for:mad:

Ah, I gave up on Roses several years back when they took out all the nice ones (every single one of the truffles and pralines) and replaced them with even more of the creme and toffee ones. So much less chocolate and so much more artificial fruit-flavoured creme-filled cheap crap.

And I used to love Roses. Absolutely loved them :(

Ah, I gave up on Roses several years back when they took out all the nice ones (every single one of the truffles and pralines) and replaced them with even more of the creme and toffee ones. So much less chocolate and so much more artificial fruit-flavoured creme-filled cheap crap.

And I used to love Roses. Absolutely loved them :(

I know! I used to love the little red chocs they had in the Roses! I was too young to remember their name-Bourneville, I think.

Yup; and the mini Bournvilles and the mini Dairy Milks were even packaged in mini gold foil and paper wrapping, just like the full-sized bars. Before the days when quality Roses were ruined by cost cutting.

Yup; and the mini Bournvilles and the mini Dairy Milks were even packaged in mini gold foil and paper wrapping, just like the full-sized bars. Before the days when quality Roses were ruined by cost cutting.

I remember that! Those were the days!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I didn't get any Easter eggs this year :( But my boyfriend did get me one of these Lindt Bunny's, it had a bell and all.

I had half of it left for the weekend, until I came home on Saturday and my uncle had eaten the remainder of it, annoyed is an understatement for how I felt.

lindt-gold-bunny.jpg

The chocolate was absolutely delicious, the nicest chocolate I've had in a long, long time.

I didn't get any Easter eggs this year :( But my boyfriend did get me one of these Lindt Bunny's, it had a bell and all.

I had half of it left for the weekend, until I came home on Saturday and my uncle had eaten the remainder of it, annoyed is an understatement for how I felt.

lindt-gold-bunny.jpg

The chocolate was absolutely delicious, the nicest chocolate I've had in a long, long time.

I agree! Nicest chocolate ever!!:)

Totally. The Lindt Bunny chocolate (or in the reindeer form at Christmas) seems to be the nicest Lindt chocolate of all. It just tastes even better than anything else they make.

I'd be angry with my uncle too. So very angry. Although, that said, I wouldn't have found myself in that position in the first place as there's no way I'd have been able to stop after eating half and leave the rest for later!

*Must go on a reduced-price Lindt Bunny supermarket hunt*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 cooranig23

Butlers chocolates did a great chocolate easter bunny which was delicious .. lovely creamy chocolate

fantastic presentation ..

and the teeth look real!!!!!!

Advertisement