Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B accommodation

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on starting a masters in UCC in September and am looking for B&B type accommadtion from September to December, who would also provide dinners. I'v searched google high and low but can't seem to find any.

I have posted this in the UCC form a while back but recieved no replies.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you looked for accommodation around the Victoria X, Wilton, Bishopstown, Glasheen area? There's usually loads of student digs around.

Have a look on daft.ie or Gumtree for flatshare/rooms to rent as well.

As for B & B? Can recommend the Blarney Stone on Western Rd. Also the Killarney which is a couple of doors away. DON'T go to the Shandon Bells. Not nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks for the reply, yes I have looked at the house share option and since i will only be there until mid December I think i'l go down the B&B route. I have actually stayed in the Blarney Stone B&B for the interview for the Master's and is in a perfect location. I think I'll give a ring and see if she could provide a dinner aswell.

I have heard from a few people that while attending FAS in cork they stayed with a lovely woman who provided all meal's for a reasonable rate. Can't seem to find a name or track her down tho.

Ok contacted Blarney stone, and unfortunetly they will still charge me the price of a single room (e55) per night and are not willing to offer a weekly rate, even tho they will be guaranteed a lodger 4 nights weekly for almost four months!
    I also contacted the Kilarney B&B and they did not want any long term stay's?

Will keep ringing around, but any other recommendations would be really appreciated :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Have you been on to the UCC accommodation office - they usually have lists and a database of properties.

http://www.ucc.ie/asa/

I didn't even think of that, Thanks Evilivor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Try contacting this place: http://mariavillehouse.com/

5 minutes' walk from main campus. I think they used to offer extended stays for students as well as the usual B&B trade. I know people who have stayed for B&B and were happy with it.

Advertisement