Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] Time to get in City players??

• 12-04-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭

After a 4-0 mauling of West Brom last night, City looked back to their best

Will you be jumping on the bandwagon?

Silva, Kompany, Aguero... Norwich... Wolves...

Tempted much :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Still have Richards.

Gonna give Rooney another week against Villa. United usually bounce back hard, and really dont fancy Villa this season.

Thinking ill defo get Aguero in for Rooney for gw 36, which would free up enough funds to do McClean to Sess. Game against Wolves will definately need a City Attacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Would agree with the above, will leave Rooney there one more week then if Aguero scores again will bring him in and use the extra funds else where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

It's a tough one. I have Richards but his starting spot is always at risk. Aguero seems like he needs to be gotten in. Rooney's form has dropped. I'm just scared I might get him in too late. But if I get him in now I'd bee knee-jerking and he might not do anything in the next few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

yea. still have lescott, will try aguero for the wolves game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

carlcon wrote: »
    No.

3762114417_b6553892e1_o.jpg
    BELIEVE

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd rather get in Wolves players than get in another Man City player ( I already have Lescott). You can quote me on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Kompany is enough for me I think

Their fixtures just aren't appealing

Mancini's always likely to spring an attacking surprise on you too

I'd rather get in Wolves players than get in another Man City player ( I already have Lescott). You can quote me on that.

Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

manual_man wrote: »
    Done
    Fair play man, good call! should have got agureo

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    Done
    Fair play man, good call! should have got agureo

hoping for some big points v wolves next week ( I have Aguero Kompany and Silva) but tbh I'm a bit disappointed Silva got just the 1 assist this week considering they scored 6!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Right, a rethink, even if Rooney does well against AV tomorrow, it will be tempting to get Tevez in for Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I am getting Tevez in for Rooney. End of. Definitely not getting Aguero. I don't like having that lad on my team for some reason. He's a bit inconsistent but somehow he has 16 odd goals :confused: Tevez is also a certain starter. No doubt imo. Every since he returned to the team, their form has exploded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

FatRat wrote: »
    I am getting Tevez in for Rooney. End of. Definitely not getting Aguero. I don't like having that lad on my team for some reason. He's a bit inconsistent but somehow he has 16 odd goals :confused: Tevez is also a certain starter. No doubt imo. Every since he returned to the team, their form has exploded!

Aguero has scored 13 goals in 6 matches. He has only actually scored in 14 games but has 21 goals. He's a hit and miss player.

I think I'll look seriously at getting in Tevez. I said a few weeks ago that if he was able to last the 90 then he'd be a great differential. Of course I never listened to myself.

painful waking up today to see they've scored six.

Really don't want to break up the Cisse-Roon-RVP to get a City striker in though
    Silva is very much back in play though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

thinking of bringing in tevez or augero for RVP, just for GW 35 might pay off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gonna wait 'til after Monday nights game then might swap RVP for Tevez.Am I mad?

Arsenal play Chelsea while City face Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Tevez or Rooney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Dempsey wrote: »
    Tevez or Rooney...

That's been going trough my head for the last 4 hours. Was all set to swap Rooney for Tezev or Augero. Not so sure now. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Sticking with Rooney myself. Although if I wasn't a United fan, and if I wasn't comfortably at the top of my private league, I'd probably go with Tevez.

I had swapped Bale for Sess for this GW. Just went from Sess to Silva, seeing as I had the funds. Spurs are dodgy, obviously, and although Bale is still in decent form, not much point if everybody around him is out of form themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Sticking with Rooney myself. Although if I wasn't a United fan, and if I wasn't comfortably at the top of my private league, I'd probably go with Tevez.

I had swapped Bale for Sess for this GW. Just went from Sess to Silva, seeing as I had the funds. Spurs are dodgy, obviously, and although Bale is still in decent form, not much point if everybody around him is out of form themselves.

Don't use that as a reasoning ever for picking a player. Fair enough you're probably alright as you are if you're top of your league but if you were chasing it then you'd probably have to go with Tevez.

I'm a United fan as well and I can't stand some of his antics but I'd have no hesitation getting him in if I had to. As it is I'm thinking about it. He's in great form and has clearly made a difference to City.

As I said in one of the other threads play with your head and not with your heart. Club loyalties should be banished from your mind if you want to do well in this.

Coming around to the idea of swapping Rooney for Aguero for just this gameweek, then Aguero to Ade for 36

People without City attacking coverage, would you be comfortable sitting through Wolves v City without having one of their players? Because I'm not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Think i will take the plunge and ship out Rooney for one of Tevez or Augero, the question is (like others are saying) which one to go for...............
    Think it is coin toss time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Coming around to the idea of swapping Rooney for Aguero for just this gameweek, then Aguero to Ade for 36

People without City attacking coverage, would you be comfortable sitting through Wolves v City without having one of their players? Because I'm not...

Rooney out, Tevez in!!! Ade in for the doubler!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I got in Tevez last night for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Don't use that as a reasoning ever for picking a player. Fair enough you're probably alright as you are if you're top of your league but if you were chasing it then you'd probably have to go with Tevez.

I'm a United fan as well and I can't stand some of his antics but I'd have no hesitation getting him in if I had to. As it is I'm thinking about it. He's in great form and has clearly made a difference to City.

As I said in one of the other threads play with your head and not with your heart. Club loyalties should be banished from your mind if you want to do well in this.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you on this! If I wasn't comfortable in my league he'd be in my team. I've had Silva - and to a lesser extent Aguero - in my team for a long time, but now is the time for crossing my fingers and hoping that City stop doing so well :pac:

Advertisement