Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tractor Stolen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

How do you hide, let alone sell a tractor that big.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

did you notice the time on the photo?
    and the time the machine was stolen at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

kboc wrote: »

very good eye there:D, i would think the camera was still just on the old time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

If that tractor was heading east on the M4 from Enfield it would have passed through the toll. Should be some camera footage I'd have thought. Unless they got off the M4 in a similar fashion as they entered it.
    kboc wrote: »

Camera time is wrong I'd say, sunrise is around 06.30ish at the moment and the sun is up in the pics.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

heard they checked the cameras at poll and no joy, maybe they went the old road along the motorway??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

probably got it into a curtain sider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

pakalasa wrote: »
    How do you hide, let alone sell a tractor that big.:(

take off the wheels, and put the tractor and wheels into a shipping container, then ship it out of ireland. It was more than likely stolen to order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

take off the wheels, and put the tractor and wheels into a shipping container, then ship it out of ireland. It was more than likely stolen to order.

or for parts thereof

My contractor was telling recently of a tractor that was stolen, the owner has delighted when the cops informed him it was found in a disused quarry not far away, when he went for it , the injector pump and injectors were missing,

the pump was €8500 and the injectors about another €6000 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

I was heading up to dublin that morning about 8:30ish.
    Remebered noticing the barrier damaged and the dirt on the hard shoulder, and thinking what a lazy fecker the farmer was for coming out over the barrier, while also admiring the sowed out fields!
    anyway from what I remember, the dirt didnt last too far on the HS, so I'd say it was loaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

Absolute scum packets. It would break my heart if my tractor was stolen

• Advertisement

I see in The Independent, the tractor was recovered near Liffey Valley Shopping Centre.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

did anyone read the story in last weeks journal about the farmer who had a 5grand trailer stolen, was found in a local scrap yard, and the scrap yard still went ahead and scrapped the trailer even after cops had called :eek:
    they were nearly as bad as the robbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

no, they were worse than the thieves.

they bought stolen goods, pretty knowingly lets be honest, and then when their error was pointed out they proceeded to destroy the trailer and then offer the man scrap compensation.

The sooner we follow the UK and implement proper scrapyard controls the better. no cash payments, all eft. Photo taken, and photo id required, all vehicles photo'd too.

it'll mean farmers would have to pay tax on their bit of scrap sold, but it would also mean life would be a whole lot harder for scumbags like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

JohnBoy wrote: »
    no, they were worse than the thieves.

they bought stolen goods, pretty knowingly lets be honest, and then when their error was pointed out they proceeded to destroy the trailer and then offer the man scrap compensation.

The sooner we follow the UK and implement proper scrapyard controls the better. no cash payments, all eft. Photo taken, and photo id required, all vehicles photo'd too.

it'll mean farmers would have to pay tax on their bit of scrap sold, but it would also mean life would be a whole lot harder for scumbags like that.
    ya i have to say when i read it i couldnt believe it

I know someone who had their car stolen. It was traced to well known scrap merchant in Limerick. It was high up on the pile waiting to be processed. Now this was a stolen car, so no documentation whatsoever. It went to court and the scrap merchant was fined.

Me thinks the only scrap these people should get, is a bit of lead between the ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

And is not being prosecuted ?????
    Knowingly recieve stolen goods and then destroy them, no charges, something arseways there, that poor man that owned the trailer must be tempted to drop something heavy on someone's head

Advertisement