Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Style 60 W Bulb = 15 x Philips 4w GU10 LED's in power usage?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Am i right in saying the following

I want to replace an outside bulkhead light that uses the old style 60 Watt Bulb. I want to replace it with a few LED lights (look better and save on electricity). I am thinking of taking out the old 60 watt bulk head light alltogether and installing 5 x Philips 4w GU10 LED's in appropriate light housings in the same area
    Is my maths right in that, the 60 W old bulb burns the same power as 15 x
    Philips 4w GU10 LED's

60 W divided by 4W = 15

I saw on the philips box it says 4w GU10 Perfect fit 35W Philips
    So is the bulb a 4watt or 35 watt?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i would prob look at swapping the fitting for a new energy efficient bulkhead rather than multiple leds

there's a few class2 fittings available(don't require earth) if that's an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

M cebee wrote: »
    i would prob look at swapping the fitting for a new energy efficient bulkhead rather than multiple leds

there's a few class2 fittings available(don't require earth) if that's an issue

Ah I know but Its for aesthetics looking to down light an area out the back with downlighters:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

4 watts is the power usage of the specific led light.

Its light output is equivelent to a 35 watt normal style bulb.

I have the Philips 4w leds in my house and they are absolutely brilliant indeed.

Warm white and plenty of light.

I even put them into my new outdoor porch lights.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

paddy147 wrote: »
    4 watts is the power usage of the specific led light.

Its light output is equivelent to a 35 watt normal style bulb.

I have the Philips 4w leds in my house and they are absolutely brilliant indeed.

Warm white and plenty of light.

I even put them into my new outdoor porch lights.:)

Ah ok now i see what the both values mean on the bulbs sound paddy thanks
    I like that fitting, you have an extra light band at the bottom which the ones i got dont which is a nice touch! i like ems

Advertisement