Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile customer service failure.

Options
  • 12-04-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this forum deals with eMobile, but as its a part of Eircom I decided to post it here anyways. What follows is an email I've sent to eMobile outlining the HORRENDOUS customer service I have received over the past few weeks involving a faulty phone and trying to get it replaced. At this time I still am no closer to getting my phone.

*Names have been removed*

Hi there,

My name is _____ and I’m writing this email to bring to your attention to the absolutely terrible and completely unsatisfactory customer service I’ve had with eMobile over the past few weeks. My mother (_____) is an eMobile bill pay customer who recently was offered an upgrade, and opted for an iPhone 4 8GB model. Upon receiving it the phone was clearly faulty and so I called customer service on her behalf in order to get it replaced. What follows is the story of how a simple problem took over 2 weeks to fix, and involved almost 2 hours’ worth of calls to the eMobile customer service number across 10 different calls, where every single person I spoke to said something different to everybody else.

On Tuesday the 27th March we received the black iPhone 4 8GB version that had been ordered the week before. Straight away the phone was clearly faulty as it wouldn’t connect to any wireless networks. I called customer service and was told that I’d have to send it back for repair (despite the phone being brand new), and that to do this they’d either send me out a pre-paid jiffy bag or I could pick one up from a Carphone Warehouse or eMobile store. Wanting to get this sorted quickly I said I’d pick one up from a store. I went to a Carphone Warehouse and unsurprisingly they said they didn’t handle eMobile products (which is what I had thought initially, but the customer service rep had assured me that they would).

Then the next day I headed to an eMobile store to get a bag there. They said that they had no bags and I’d have to order one online. I then called customer service again to order a bag and was told that I’d have to deal with Apple directly and that it was nothing to do with them. After calling Apple and arranging for them to collect and repair it, I called eMobile again to make a complaint about the ridiculous customer service I’d received and they then told me that I shouldn’t have went to Apple and that they’d send me out a jiffy bag. Keep in mind that it had been an eMobile rep in the first place who told me to call Apple.

The jiffy bag arrived on Wednesday 4th April and I immediately shipped the phone back. I didn’t hear anything for days and then across Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th I called customer service around 5 or 6 times, trying to get SOMEONE to confirm that the phone had been received and that my replacement had been shipped. 3 separate people took my contact details and said they’d get back to me with an update and none did. Eventually after someone was finally able to confirm the details I found out that eMobile received the phone on Thursday 5th April, and yet my replacement STILL hadn’t been shipped almost a full week later.

A customer service manager called ____ said she would be handling this and is due to call me back later today to sort this, but even at this late stage it is likely I won’t have my phone until early next week, 3 solid weeks after I first received it and almost an entire month after the order was initially placed. This is absolutely farcical and is bar none the worst customer service experience I’ve EVER had. Every single rep I spoke to said something different, and while many of them were as helpful as they could possibly be, that is irrelevant when it has taken this long to sort.

Someone needs to contact me and get this sorted out IMMEDIATELY, or I will be sending this email to every consumer rights group and media outlet within Ireland, and letting them now just what level of customer support can be expected from eMobile. You can reach me on __________.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You're lucky to have had any contact with them at all. The phone belongs to your mother, and most of the telcos will only talk to the contract owner, i.e. your mother in person. But that said, since they did "talk" to you that kind of customer service is nothing short of atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I'm not sure if this forum deals with eMobile, but as its a part of Eircom I decided to post it here anyways. What follows is an email I've sent to eMobile outlining the HORRENDOUS customer service I have received over the past few weeks involving a faulty phone and trying to get it replaced. At this time I still am no closer to getting my phone.

*Names have been removed*

Hi there,

My name is _____ and I’m writing this email to bring to your attention to the absolutely terrible and completely unsatisfactory customer service I’ve had with eMobile over the past few weeks. My mother (_____) is an eMobile bill pay customer who recently was offered an upgrade, and opted for an iPhone 4 8GB model. Upon receiving it the phone was clearly faulty and so I called customer service on her behalf in order to get it replaced. What follows is the story of how a simple problem took over 2 weeks to fix, and involved almost 2 hours’ worth of calls to the eMobile customer service number across 10 different calls, where every single person I spoke to said something different to everybody else.

On Tuesday the 27th March we received the black iPhone 4 8GB version that had been ordered the week before. Straight away the phone was clearly faulty as it wouldn’t connect to any wireless networks. I called customer service and was told that I’d have to send it back for repair (despite the phone being brand new), and that to do this they’d either send me out a pre-paid jiffy bag or I could pick one up from a Carphone Warehouse or eMobile store. Wanting to get this sorted quickly I said I’d pick one up from a store. I went to a Carphone Warehouse and unsurprisingly they said they didn’t handle eMobile products (which is what I had thought initially, but the customer service rep had assured me that they would).

Then the next day I headed to an eMobile store to get a bag there. They said that they had no bags and I’d have to order one online. I then called customer service again to order a bag and was told that I’d have to deal with Apple directly and that it was nothing to do with them. After calling Apple and arranging for them to collect and repair it, I called eMobile again to make a complaint about the ridiculous customer service I’d received and they then told me that I shouldn’t have went to Apple and that they’d send me out a jiffy bag. Keep in mind that it had been an eMobile rep in the first place who told me to call Apple.

The jiffy bag arrived on Wednesday 4th April and I immediately shipped the phone back. I didn’t hear anything for days and then across Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th I called customer service around 5 or 6 times, trying to get SOMEONE to confirm that the phone had been received and that my replacement had been shipped. 3 separate people took my contact details and said they’d get back to me with an update and none did. Eventually after someone was finally able to confirm the details I found out that eMobile received the phone on Thursday 5th April, and yet my replacement STILL hadn’t been shipped almost a full week later.

A customer service manager called ____ said she would be handling this and is due to call me back later today to sort this, but even at this late stage it is likely I won’t have my phone until early next week, 3 solid weeks after I first received it and almost an entire month after the order was initially placed. This is absolutely farcical and is bar none the worst customer service experience I’ve EVER had. Every single rep I spoke to said something different, and while many of them were as helpful as they could possibly be, that is irrelevant when it has taken this long to sort.

Someone needs to contact me and get this sorted out IMMEDIATELY, or I will be sending this email to every consumer rights group and media outlet within Ireland, and letting them now just what level of customer support can be expected from eMobile. You can reach me on __________.

Regards,

Hi Enemy Of Fate
    I can certainly understand your frustration at recieving different updates of same issue. I do know that there are certain arrangements with Apple regarding faulty phone replacements. I have received your PM but could you also PM me the mobile number and pin involved?.
    I will chase this for you immediately and get back to you today. Is the number provided best contact number for you at moment?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Hi Tony, thanks for the quick response, PM sent.

Hi Tony, thanks for the quick response, PM sent.

I have your PM now Enemy Of Fate and will push this immediately. I will be back to you a bit later today as promised.
    Tony

Just wanted to post to thank Tony for getting this sorted, and that hopefully now I'll have the phone next week once it comes back into stock.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to post to thank Tony for getting this sorted, and that hopefully now I'll have the phone next week once it comes back into stock.

I will certainly push this for you Enemy Of Fate.
    Have a good weekend and I will be in contact Tuesday.
    Tony

This is absolutely ridiculous, a month after ordering and we still don't have the phone and when I called this evening to get a tracking number I was told that the phone has been recalled and the account has been refunded!

Why is this? A refund was NEVER asked for, this is absolutely farcical and has gone beyond ridiculous at this stage. I'm sending an email along with the original email attached to the major Irish daily newspapers and Irish consumer groups to reveal just how poor the level of service from eMobile actually is.

The complete and utter failure for eMobile to do anything substantial to fix this problem is an absolute disgrace, and others should hear about it so that they can avoid incidents like this in future.

I have now sent the email below to the Irish Times, the Irish Independent, a number of people within eMobile marketing and a number of Irish consumer organisations. Maybe now something will finally be done. I didn't want it to have to come to this, all I wanted was the damn phone replaced.

Hi there,

My name is ______ and I'm writing to detail the absolutely disgraceful customer service I received from eMobile over the past month. I have been on the phone with customer service for several hours, have written to the customer service email and posted my problem on the "Talk to Eircom" forum on boards.ie, and still so far have not had the issue fixed, which was the simple replacement of a brand new iPhone ordered from eMobile that was faulty when it arrived.

I have attached my initial email below, and after sending that to eMobile's customer care team and through talking with one of the Eircom customer service reps on boards.ie, thought I finally had the problem sorted. After waiting almost a week for the phone to come back in stock, the phone apparently shipped on Tuesday 17th of April.

When it still hadn't arrived today I called customer service yet again to see if I could get a tracking number to see when the phone would arrive. I was told by the customer service rep I spoke to that the phone had been recalled after being shipped, and that a refund had been applied to the account, despite the fact that a refund was NEVER something I wanted.

So as it stands now over a month after the order was initially placed, and three full weeks after eMobile received the faulty phone back, the replacement still hasn't been received. I'm drafting this email and sending it to a number of different sources so that it will hopefully be made available to others so that they will have an idea of the kind of customer service they can expect from dealing with eMobile. If anyone would like to contact me for further details you can reach me on _______.

At this stage I have almost given up any chance of receiving the phone, and the idea of calling customer service yet again for an update fills me with dread. This is bar none the worst level of customer service I have ever received, and I would never again think of ordering another product from eMobile.

Regards,
    ________

P.S - I would like to point out that the majority of the 15+ eMobile customer service representatives I've spoken to over the last month have been as helpful and accommodating as they possibly could be, and as such I believe the fault is what seems to be eMobiles complete and utter lack of any specific procedures outlining what should be done in a situation such as this.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I have now sent the email below to the Irish Times, the Irish Independent, a number of people within eMobile marketing and a number of Irish consumer organisations. Maybe now something will finally be done. I didn't want it to have to come to this, all I wanted was the damn phone replaced.

Hi there,

My name is ______ and I'm writing to detail the absolutely disgraceful customer service I received from eMobile over the past month. I have been on the phone with customer service for several hours, have written to the customer service email and posted my problem on the "Talk to Eircom" forum on boards.ie, and still so far have not had the issue fixed, which was the simple replacement of a brand new iPhone ordered from eMobile that was faulty when it arrived.

I have attached my initial email below, and after sending that to eMobile's customer care team and through talking with one of the Eircom customer service reps on boards.ie, thought I finally had the problem sorted. After waiting almost a week for the phone to come back in stock, the phone apparently shipped on Tuesday 17th of April.

When it still hadn't arrived today I called customer service yet again to see if I could get a tracking number to see when the phone would arrive. I was told by the customer service rep I spoke to that the phone had been recalled after being shipped, and that a refund had been applied to the account, despite the fact that a refund was NEVER something I wanted.

So as it stands now over a month after the order was initially placed, and three full weeks after eMobile received the faulty phone back, the replacement still hasn't been received. I'm drafting this email and sending it to a number of different sources so that it will hopefully be made available to others so that they will have an idea of the kind of customer service they can expect from dealing with eMobile. If anyone would like to contact me for further details you can reach me on _______.

At this stage I have almost given up any chance of receiving the phone, and the idea of calling customer service yet again for an update fills me with dread. This is bar none the worst level of customer service I have ever received, and I would never again think of ordering another product from eMobile.

Regards,
    ________

P.S - I would like to point out that the majority of the 15+ eMobile customer service representatives I've spoken to over the last month have been as helpful and accommodating as they possibly could be, and as such I believe the fault is what seems to be eMobiles complete and utter lack of any specific procedures outlining what should be done in a situation such as this.

Hi Enemy Of Fate
    I have been advised by despatcher that this has been delivered this morning. My apologies for the delay.
    While it is encouraging to read that the reps you have dealt with have been helpful the fact that this issue has taken so long to resolve is distressing and I understand your frustration completely. I have passed on your comments. If you should have any further issue please let me know and I will escalate immediately.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

I can empathise with your frustration. I've been a loyal E mobile customer since it started. That was until I changed the direct debit to them from one bank to another. Since I did that I've had nothing only problems.

First two times I rang them paid by laser card and was told direct debit would be set up by the following month. Next month rather than get any notification that the direct debit had not yet been set up. Emobile cut off my service two days after the bill date without any warning! Now I did not owe them a cent up until this time and my bill was for the grand total of €16 and two days late.

Rang emobile to sort this out and was hung up on. Now I was being perfectly reasonable and not screaming, shouting or being anyway abusive, so needless to say this did annoy me. Rang them again and spent ten minutes explaining my problem only to be told I needed to speak to a supervisor. Spoke to the supervisor for another ten minutes explaining my problem only to be told I'd have to ring back in the morning.

Rang back in the morning, I had been 18 hours without service at this point, only to have to explain the entire saga again. The response I got 'We cut you off because you owe us money!' . I told the agent that I did not dispute that there was money owing and I was quite happy to pay but why was I cut off so quickly with no warning. Got no good there so I requested the unlocking code for my phone and gave them notice that I was leaving emobile.

That was the end of that or so I thought. Till Emobile had the nerve to send me a double bill including the money that I had paid while giving my notice. So I rang them to make sure that a double amount was not going to leave my bank account and that the direct debit would go. After being passed to 3 different people I'm still none the wiser and I'm still waiting for the unlock code a month after this whole mess started.

Sorry for the rant but at this stage I'm just sorry I ever joined Emobile.

• Advertisement

Moocifer wrote: »
    I can empathise with your frustration. I've been a loyal E mobile customer since it started. That was until I changed the direct debit to them from one bank to another. Since I did that I've had nothing only problems.

First two times I rang them paid by laser card and was told direct debit would be set up by the following month. Next month rather than get any notification that the direct debit had not yet been set up. Emobile cut off my service two days after the bill date without any warning! Now I did not owe them a cent up until this time and my bill was for the grand total of €16 and two days late.

Rang emobile to sort this out and was hung up on. Now I was being perfectly reasonable and not screaming, shouting or being anyway abusive, so needless to say this did annoy me. Rang them again and spent ten minutes explaining my problem only to be told I needed to speak to a supervisor. Spoke to the supervisor for another ten minutes explaining my problem only to be told I'd have to ring back in the morning.

Rang back in the morning, I had been 18 hours without service at this point, only to have to explain the entire saga again. The response I got 'We cut you off because you owe us money!' . I told the agent that I did not dispute that there was money owing and I was quite happy to pay but why was I cut off so quickly with no warning. Got no good there so I requested the unlocking code for my phone and gave them notice that I was leaving emobile.

That was the end of that or so I thought. Till Emobile had the nerve to send me a double bill including the money that I had paid while giving my notice. So I rang them to make sure that a double amount was not going to leave my bank account and that the direct debit would go. After being passed to 3 different people I'm still none the wiser and I'm still waiting for the unlock code a month after this whole mess started.

Sorry for the rant but at this stage I'm just sorry I ever joined Emobile.

Hi Moocifer

would you mind PM'ing me the details and I will have this chased for you.
    I understand that you have already reported this issue but I can escalate and get some clarity on this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AmeliMai

Hi, I am wondering if e-mobile did anything to help the original complaint. I have had an awful experience with e-mobile resulting in money being taken from my credit card for a phone that I did not receive and receiving a bill for a service I did not use. I cannot convey what a horrible and stressful experience I have had with e-mobile. Customer care caused a lot of the problems. I literally have had money stolen from me by e-mobile and when I contacted customer service they said that they are taking the problem seriously and looking into the matter and of course I never hear from them again. I will ensure that everyone I know will keep well away from them as they have done absolutley nothing to rectify the matter even though I gave them every opportunity. It is so upsetting that they can treat people so badly.

AmeliMai wrote: »
    Hi, I am wondering if e-mobile did anything to help the original complaint. I have had an awful experience with e-mobile resulting in money being taken from my credit card for a phone that I did not receive and receiving a bill for a service I did not use. I cannot convey what a horrible and stressful experience I have had with e-mobile. Customer care caused a lot of the problems. I literally have had money stolen from me by e-mobile and when I contacted customer service they said that they are taking the problem seriously and looking into the matter and of course I never hear from them again. I will ensure that everyone I know will keep well away from them as they have done absolutley nothing to rectify the matter even though I gave them every opportunity. It is so upsetting that they can treat people so badly.

Hi AmeliMai,

Sorry to hear of your issues. I understand your frustration in regard to this. If you PM your mobile number and pin I can investigate this for you. Have you received a bill from eMobile? If so can you PM the account number.

Tony

Hi Tony, I sent you a PM, please advise if you did not receive, thanks

Hi Tony, I sent you a PM, please advise if you did not receive, thanks

Hi AmeliMai,

I have received your PM. I will review this and will respond to your PM.

Tony

Tony I have received a further e-mobile bill which relates to a mobile number I do not recogise and can only imagine is for the mobile phone which I paid for and did not receive. I have still not received my money back from e-mobile.

Since 6th March, the date I cancelled my broadband with Eircom (it was confirmed with at least 2 of your customer service people that the service was cancelled), I have received 3 further bills.

My advice to anyone is to keep well away from e-mobile and eircom. They have caused me so much stress, not to mention taking my money and not delivering a product.

I guess e-mobile is off my list of mobile providers. Currently looking to get mobiles for 4 of my kids.

Tony I have received a further e-mobile bill which relates to a mobile number I do not recogise and can only imagine is for the mobile phone which I paid for and did not receive. I have still not received my money back from e-mobile.

Since 6th March, the date I cancelled my broadband with Eircom (it was confirmed with at least 2 of your customer service people that the service was cancelled), I have received 3 further bills.

My advice to anyone is to keep well away from e-mobile and eircom. They have caused me so much stress, not to mention taking my money and not delivering a product.

Hi AmeliMai,

I have sent you a PM in regard to your post.

Tony

I guess e-mobile is off my list of mobile providers. Currently looking to get mobiles for 4 of my kids.

Hi derekeire,

Can I assist you with anything here? You can find details of our plans here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/

Tony

Hi derekeire,

Can I assist you with anything here? You can find details of our plans here: http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/

Tony
    No family plans. I think Tesco is the only provider who have a multi phone plan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tesco Mobile have the CS managers and CS staff in the same call centre in Limerick. eMobile/meteor have the managers sitting on their arses (permanently in "important meetings") in Dublin while their staff can do nothing for the customer down in Cork and their managers are nowhere to be found.

I have long recommened sending the managers down to Cork until everything is sorted. Naturally I blame these inept managers. ! :(

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile have the CS managers and CS staff in the same call centre in Limerick. eMobile/meteor have the managers sitting on their arses (permanently in "important meetings") in Dublin while their staff can do nothing for the customer down in Cork and their managers are nowhere to be found.

I have long recommened sending the managers down to Cork until everything is sorted. Naturally I blame these inept managers. ! :(

Hi Sponge Bob
    I have passed this on to relevant managers in both Dublin and Cork.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Do you receive my cvv. I sent it by PM.

I received yet another Eircom bill, it says its my final bill but the rental is to 12th May which as you know is incorrect I arranged for my service to be cancelled from 6th March and your customer service people confirmed that this occurred. I will not be paying this bill either as previously advised by your customer service reps.

Hi Tony,

Do you receive my cvv. I sent it by PM.

I received yet another Eircom bill, it says its my final bill but the rental is to 12th May which as you know is incorrect I arranged for my service to be cancelled from 6th March and your customer service people confirmed that this occurred. I will not be paying this bill either as previously advised by your customer service reps.

Hi AmeliMai
    I have had a look at this and PM'd you just now. Let me know if this explains issue.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Managers must have found a few important meetings for themselves because are not paying any attention to you Tony, from elsewhere.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78967744&postcount=351
    Their customer service is a absolute disaster. It's like they only opened last week with a room full of untrained staff. I've spoken to staff that didn't know the offer existed and one guy who told me they weren't doing the Galaxy S3.. He was adamant they weren't doing it even tho I told him I was looking at it on the emobile website....

Hi Tony,
    My queries about the apalling customers service from e-mobile, the fact that they took money from my card and have still not returned it despite no delivery of goods and the 4 bills received from eircom for a service that I had cancelled on in early March have still not been addressed, therefore I think that the only way to resolve this matter is for me to contact the communication Ombudsman.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 row05

this is a letter of complaint i sent about emoblie 14 calls in one day and not one supervisor called us back 3 were ment in meetings all day and 3 people hung up on us me and my brother they are a shower of f
    s
    I wish to log an official complaint about emobile customer support.
    I never in my life have been treated so badly or came across such bad customer support, from persons being rude, hanging up and lies.
    It started well I first brought my account back to eircom last week 11 October 2012 (either that day or day before) .
    A friend told me about the great deal emobile was offering at 34.50 for unlimited call data and text so on Friday of that week I rang to find out about the offer I was interested in at the time, a htc one x the first lady told me it was 39 euro for the phone on this offer but at the time I had it on the internet for free and I told her that so then she “said it must be free then” so I told her I’d call back later.
    I called back later and L---- told me it was 39 euro again but my wife was talking to D---- who told her it was 10 euro (as she was putting an order in for the Samsung s 3 which she did) . I told L
    this and she checked D
    system and she confirmed it, not such a good start so I put in the order for the htc one x which I received today 17 October 2012 at around 10 30 am.
    I powered on the phone and began to set it up after a short while the phone went blank so I put it on charge after a while I noted that nothing was happening so I tried full factory reset as instructed by the internet.
    So I rang customer support after a couple of hours to give the phone a chance to charge , I got talking to I think o--- and she told me I’d have to send it back in a jiffy bag which I wouldn’t receive till Friday which meant I would not have a replacement for nearly 2 weeks, I told her this was unsatisfactory and I wanted to talk to a supervisor, at which she hung up. About 12.00 in the morning.
    So I rang back pretty unhappily for the treatment I received so I asked to talk to a supervisor and I was put onto one (or someone who claimed to be one) and I told them how frustrated I was and I had now no faith in the htc and asked if it was possible to change the phone to a Samsung s3 which he said after a while that I would get it free and he would talk to the retention department for me and explained this and when I was transferred she’d heard no such thing and there was no log and she put me back to customer support where I was given the run around again and they told me that M
    D---- the supervisor would ring back in 10 minutes, 40 minutes passed and no call . Unfortunately I didn’t get the supervisors name that I was talking to in the first place as I took him for his word as at the time I didn’t expect that I was been lied too, this Is no way to treat a new customer.
    SO I called back to find out why there was no call and the same excuse there were on lunch or in a meeting not at the desk so this foreign man told me he get M
    D---- to call back which he didn’t.
    At this stage I couldn’t take it anymore, about 1.50pm I got my brother to call on my behalf and we got passed from one call to another and finally we got talking to the same foreign man who would not listen to my brother (as my brother has had experience working in call centres), even though my brother remained calm and mannerly the whole time and he hung up on my brother .
    At this stage even my brother got fed up and decided to call sales support and got talking to N
    who we explained the whole thing too and she told us she would get S---- o K---- to call back, we waited for 30 minutes and no reply again, at this stage most of our day had been wasted trying to talk or waiting for a call back from someone.
    It was around 3 o’ clock and we called COMREG to file a complaint about the way I had been treated and what to do! Then we called emobile for the 9th time and got C---- in sales support since we gave up on custom support been usless
    Now I’m unsure of the exact details but she told us the supervisor was not at her desk and in a meeting, sound familiar ??? As I heard this all day, so eventually around
    4.42 pm, which was the 11th call at this stage, we finally somehow got transferred to M
    D--- who is going to call us back in the morning.
    If it was me running a business, I would look in to my claims and heads would roll, you need to retrain some of your staff and fire others, as no one should have to go through what I had to today, I’ve never been so upset by any company before like this and it is a disgrace, you should be ashamed to hold your heads high with this sort of carry on. I came close to cancelling all 3 contracts

Yours,
    Never so unhappily,

Has any one else had such a bad experience with them and he didn't phone back the next day either and the never gave me the s3 said the call was never logged and no one apparently said it lies lies

row05 wrote: »
    this is a letter of complaint i sent about emoblie 14 calls in one day and not one supervisor called us back 3 were ment in meetings all day and 3 people hung up on us me and my brother they are a shower of f
    s
    I wish to log an official complaint about emobile customer support.
    I never in my life have been treated so badly or came across such bad customer support, from persons being rude, hanging up and lies.
    It started well I first brought my account back to eircom last week 11 October 2012 (either that day or day before) .
    A friend told me about the great deal emobile was offering at 34.50 for unlimited call data and text so on Friday of that week I rang to find out about the offer I was interested in at the time, a htc one x the first lady told me it was 39 euro for the phone on this offer but at the time I had it on the internet for free and I told her that so then she “said it must be free then” so I told her I’d call back later.
    I called back later and L---- told me it was 39 euro again but my wife was talking to D---- who told her it was 10 euro (as she was putting an order in for the Samsung s 3 which she did) . I told L
    this and she checked D
    system and she confirmed it, not such a good start so I put in the order for the htc one x which I received today 17 October 2012 at around 10 30 am.
    I powered on the phone and began to set it up after a short while the phone went blank so I put it on charge after a while I noted that nothing was happening so I tried full factory reset as instructed by the internet.
    So I rang customer support after a couple of hours to give the phone a chance to charge , I got talking to I think o--- and she told me I’d have to send it back in a jiffy bag which I wouldn’t receive till Friday which meant I would not have a replacement for nearly 2 weeks, I told her this was unsatisfactory and I wanted to talk to a supervisor, at which she hung up. About 12.00 in the morning.
    So I rang back pretty unhappily for the treatment I received so I asked to talk to a supervisor and I was put onto one (or someone who claimed to be one) and I told them how frustrated I was and I had now no faith in the htc and asked if it was possible to change the phone to a Samsung s3 which he said after a while that I would get it free and he would talk to the retention department for me and explained this and when I was transferred she’d heard no such thing and there was no log and she put me back to customer support where I was given the run around again and they told me that M
    D---- the supervisor would ring back in 10 minutes, 40 minutes passed and no call . Unfortunately I didn’t get the supervisors name that I was talking to in the first place as I took him for his word as at the time I didn’t expect that I was been lied too, this Is no way to treat a new customer.
    SO I called back to find out why there was no call and the same excuse there were on lunch or in a meeting not at the desk so this foreign man told me he get M
    D---- to call back which he didn’t.
    At this stage I couldn’t take it anymore, about 1.50pm I got my brother to call on my behalf and we got passed from one call to another and finally we got talking to the same foreign man who would not listen to my brother (as my brother has had experience working in call centres), even though my brother remained calm and mannerly the whole time and he hung up on my brother .
    At this stage even my brother got fed up and decided to call sales support and got talking to N
    who we explained the whole thing too and she told us she would get S---- o K---- to call back, we waited for 30 minutes and no reply again, at this stage most of our day had been wasted trying to talk or waiting for a call back from someone.
    It was around 3 o’ clock and we called COMREG to file a complaint about the way I had been treated and what to do! Then we called emobile for the 9th time and got C---- in sales support since we gave up on custom support been usless
    Now I’m unsure of the exact details but she told us the supervisor was not at her desk and in a meeting, sound familiar ??? As I heard this all day, so eventually around
    4.42 pm, which was the 11th call at this stage, we finally somehow got transferred to M
    D--- who is going to call us back in the morning.
    If it was me running a business, I would look in to my claims and heads would roll, you need to retrain some of your staff and fire others, as no one should have to go through what I had to today, I’ve never been so upset by any company before like this and it is a disgrace, you should be ashamed to hold your heads high with this sort of carry on. I came close to cancelling all 3 contracts

Yours,
    Never so unhappily,

Has any one else had such a bad experience with them and he didn't phone back the next day either and the never gave me the s3 said the call was never logged and no one apparently said it lies lies

Hi row05,

I have been investigating this issue for you on the eMobile forum and have just updated your post there.

My colleagues response on the eMobile forum is as follows:

Hi row05,

Just to update you on my above post. I have just got confirmation that a replacement handset has been issued to you today.

Let me know once you receive the phone.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 row05

yes i got my phone but as some one who now has dispersed in emobile said they would upgrade me to a s3 phone and then for there to be no record of this and the Carrie on at emobile is not good enough and no one should go through this and all you have to say for your self tony is i got my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

row05 wrote: »
    yes i got my phone but as some one who now has dispersed in emobile said they would upgrade me to a s3 phone and then for there to be no record of this and the Carrie on at emobile is not good enough and no one should go through this and all you have to say for your self tony is i got my phone.

from looking at the posts and personal expierance it seems to be the norm for nobody doing what they promise, and just lie after lie when your talking to them... make sure you download an app on your phone that can record the conversations... you dont need to tell them that the call is being recorded...despite what they say...

when your asking for their name, ive found 99% of them wont give a surname or ref number for you to be able to track them down to make them accountable, so make sure you get their managers name, and even though most wont give that either, make them put a note on the system that will make them distinguisable for further actions........

best of luck...

Advertisement