Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub-4 hour marathon within 12 months?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

belcarra wrote: »
    Folks, if ye have any specific questions about the plan then either mention them here (if Run44 doesn't mind), ask them on my training log, or perhaps more correctly open up a specific thread relating to the training plan because I'm sure there are many other people in the same boat as you guys.
    Feel free to ask anyways 'cos we've all been there!!

That would be great, thanks! Your log is one that I have been re-reading recently following your own success with the plan. Cheers belcarra, really appreciate it -I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that offer of advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

+1 Belcarra...i think a seperate log might be best...maybe in a few week when we get going, i will open it if noone else has... I know SunflowerRo is contemplating it too...so thats definitely 3 newbies;)(hope we're not all blonde):D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

RayCun wrote: »

Our knight in Shining armour is back;)

Spot on Ray!!

Tuesday 14th May – 6 miles – average pace 9:18min/mi, total time 55:48, no HRM

Total miles year to date: 362.4m

• Advertisement

Since starting this log, my running has been terribly inconsistent to the point where I've barely been running at all. Last week a thigh strain took me out of action, stretched out the legs daily and after a slow run today (as slow as I could, have yet to master that skill) the leg feels fine and no twinges since the run. Fingers crossed.

Attempted to keep the HR at around 165 for this run... unsuccessfully

5.15miles in 54:04, average HR 169

Mile 1: average pace 10:40/HR 163
    Mile 2: 10:21/167
    Mile 3: 10:40/168
    Mile 4: 10:41/169
    Mile 5: 10:15/177
    .15m: 7:53/183

Going to start running into work again later in the week. Hopefully that will improve the fitness after all the gaps in training recently.

Total miles YTD: 367.55m

Thursday 25th May - 2 x 3m runs to and from work.

Average pace approx 9:45min/m, average HR 178

Used to run in and out with the laptop but these runs are far easier and more enjoyable without a heavy bag on my back. Still though, all the stopping and starting crossing roads along the way is a bit annoying. Hoping to run in to work twice a week for the next few weeks and maybe get some short runs in over lunch time too over other days.

Plan for rest of the week: short 4-5m run later, 12-14m LSR on Saturday

Total YTD: 374.8m

Saturday 26th May - 10m LSR, average pace 9:56m/mi, average HR 172.

Roasting morning but an enjoyable run. Was in and out of the Phoenix Park before it got too busy and before the Calcutta Run kicked off.

Total YTD: 384.8 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done run44. Was hot hot hot this morning, good to get it out of the way early!

Another lovely day today though not quite as hot as Saturday. Lunchtime run with a friend, chatting all the way helped keep the pace constantly around 10:30min/mi, for a total of 4.5miles with average HR of 168. Total time 47:21.

Now… back to work!

Total YTD: 389.3 mile

• Advertisement

I’ve been doing well this week with the lunch time runs. Got another in today, when it wasn’t quite so hot.

Planning another 5-6m run tomorrow and then am away for the long weekend. However, I’m hoping to manage 8-10miles as my LSR at some point.

5.25miles in 53:07, average HR 167

Mile 1: 10:12/HR 157
    Mile 2: 10:27/HR 169
    Mile 3: 10:14/HR 172
    Mile 4: 9:44/HR 172
    Mile 5: 10:08/HR 170
    .25m: Av. Pace 8:29/HR 175

Total miles YTD: 397.55m

Looking forward to breaking the 400mile mark for the year this week :D

Advertisement