Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Tablet please.

Options
  • 12-04-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi
    I'm looking for to pick up a tablet in the next week or so if possible. I'm heading over to Europe next week to visit several cities (paris, brussels, amsterdam and berlin). I'd really like a tablet which can be used for basic internet browsing and also for showing an interactive map with my current position and which i could mark points of interest such as my hotel museums recommended places to eat etc.
    Can anyone recommend something. My budget would be a max of around 450 euro.

Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Maybe go for an refurbished iPad 2 with 3G. You can download the Navfree navigation software and use that for points of interest.

Cost is €469 which is around your budget.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FC773B/A

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

No need for 3G,modern smartphones can be used for tethering.

Spend additional 30 Euros and get yourself a new IPad for 479 euros.

Unless you don't own a smartphone with tethering function then 3G would be the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Jarren wrote: »
    No need for 3G,modern smartphones can be used for tethering.

Spend additional 30 Euros and get yourself a new IPad for 479 euros.

Unless you don't own a smartphone with tethering function then 3G would be the answer.

The only reason I suggested the 3G model is because it has a GPS chip built in, the wireless models don't. It's a dual 3G/GPS chip. He won't have to activate data or even have a SIM card in it to navigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

How about a motorola xoom? They're very cheap now. They could be picked up for around €300 on adverts. That's for the 1st gen ones, the 2nd gen have the exact same hardware, it's just the aesthetics are slightly different, and the 1st gen has an SD card slot (which is better).

But if you're willing to spend the money, get an ipad, they're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭techfeen

i have a sony tablet and im very happy with it. you can pick one up for around 400

• Advertisement
Advertisement