Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone else lodge cash to my bank account using my card and pin?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Can my wife to lodge cash into my account using my card and pin number? Obviously they will notice my wife is not "john".

Is this allowed??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All they need is your account number and brance code. No need for the card/pin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

My gf does this for me all the time. Shouldn't even need your pin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have a chequebook, there's a few lodgement slips at the back with your details already filled in, makes it handy if you want someone else to lodge money to your account, just give them one of the dockets.

I wouldn't send someone (even your wife) into the bank with the card to lodge money as it's against the terms of your acount to give the PIN to anyone.

Otherwise as said, all she needs is the a/c number and branch code, fill in a lodgement form in any branch and lodge the money.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    All they need is your account number and brance code. No need for the card/pin

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

coylemj wrote: »

I wouldn't send someone (even your wife) into the bank with the card to lodge money as it's against the terms of your acount to give the PIN to anyone.

This being the key point! If I was ever subject to fraud I might lose out given the breach if it was noted.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement