Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volkswagen Golf Service

• 12-04-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Hello Lads,

I have a 07 VW MK V Golf, and has 122k Km on the clock. Its due an Interval Service Inspection and most probably a Timing Belt change as it has yet to be done.

I have been quoted for everything 800-1000 with various garages, I am finding this extremely steep. Can anyone advise on a good mechanic who can bring it in much lower.

Cheers

Will

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Also to the point above has anyone used Mulligans Garage?

OSI wrote: »
    Does it have a DSG gearbox by any chance, that could add significantly to the service cost.
    How would I find out , to all intensive purposes the car is a standard 1.4 Golf as far as I know.

Having done some googling I believe its not , as in its not a GTI or r32

OSI wrote: »
    OK, so I assume it's a manual car then? If so it's not DSG.

Where in the country are you based? €800 for a basic service with a timing belt change is ridiculous money.
    I have been quoted as 630 full service in Fosters out at Sandyford.

I am based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

You could try this guy, I have used him in the past and found him to be very good. He is in Belfast though.

http://www.walshmotors.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Drop a user here called Nissan Doctor a pm, he works in a garage in Dublin and should be able to quote you for the job you need done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Forget about main dealers at this stage, your car is 2007 so there is no advantage in going to a main dealer.

Find a good independent and you will get equal or better service and workmanship at much lower prices.

On a 1.4 16v Golf 5 it should be possible for you to get a timing belt kit and water pump change for €320 all in.

A major inspection service with spark plugs and all the filters should cost no more than €175.

Lads I got the Nissan Doctor on the case, I am dropping in to him tomorrow morning.

Doing it for 489 which is cracking to be honest in comparison to the dealerships.

Advertisement