Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biltong meat

Options
  • 12-04-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

well lads,anyone know where i can pick up some biltong meat in town?its a type of dry cured meat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Never seen it about town and don't think theres a south african food store anywhere about either.

Handy enough to make yourself but the meat works out expensive enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

yeah was thinking that myself ,thanks sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Heard of a few people ordering off biltong.ie if thats any good ?
    Never ordered off them myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ah was more looking to get it in town,ah sure will check in dublin next time im there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I saw a few packs in the snacks aisle of a shop recently. Fecked if I can remember where though! It was on one of those hang down displays that you pull a pack off. Like the ones you'd see in pubs for peanuts.
    Red bags. Couple of different flavours.

Universally cat if you ask me, only had croc and zebra though.
    Will post back if I remember.

*edit* Aldi in the Glen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Here is a link for a South African ex-pat store in Kilcock Co. Kildare.I used to live nearby so can vouch for their authenticity. If anyone can get it they can..

http://www.buysafrica.com/ps/en/home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

the spice store down on the quay have a butchers in the back, place is huge, they may have it, its near enough to the army store.

They have middle eastern, indian, thai and african food

Advertisement