Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Payment - Being taken advantage of

Options
  • 12-04-2012 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Two friends of mine form different eastern european countries are being taken advantage of by their employers. Every week their total of units worked on their payslip is significantly less than that which they have actually worked - I know what the logical steps to rectify this are in terms of getting their employers to sign off every day on hours worked however this abuse has been going on since January. Both people concerned have retained all their payslips and bankslips. Is there any regulatory body for this kind of thing aside from the rights commissioner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

First step is HR or the boss. Tell them do that before doing anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

They are being treated like ****e and being fobbed off. They feel prejudiced against because they are from Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

you can complain to nera...

www.nera.ie

the way the boss is ripping them off is very sneaky as its not the case that they are being paid less than minimum wage, from the outside it just looks like a disagreement between boss and employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

lazlo wrote: »
    They are being treated like ****e and being fobbed off. They feel prejudiced against because they are from Eastern Europe.

I'd guess that they are being discriminated against 'cos they're from EE.

Really, it comes down to their judgement

- can they just get jobs elsewhere, and tell the boss where to stick his job
    - are they prepared to take a case, and face the likely workplace hostility
    - is it a big company, so maybe an appeal over the boss' head might sort things?

Advertisement