Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"runner" to Runner!!!

• 12-04-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Right that's it!!
    I took up running for the very very first time exactly one year ago with the aim of doing the great bupa 10k in the phoneix park. I did actually complete it though it nearly killed me and I finished with a time of 1.19 and an addiction to races! I remember sitting out on my balcony later that day thinking "imagine how much better I could be next year if I kept the running up all year!!" 
    An interesting thought!! 

Only here's the problem.. I did keep at the running and being honest as I sit back and asses my first years running I really feel I haven't pushed myself :(
    And haven't really improved much! 

I did the Connemara half last week in a disappointing time of 2.50 and though I walked very little of it I just couldnt find the pace. I seem to have a fear that if I pick up the pace at all that I will struggle with any sort if distance. 

So I'm starting this blog with a view to be totally honest with myself so I can see my progress going forward.

My hubby had also encouraged (tricked) me into signing up for my first tri a tri at the end of April so I want to kick that off with a good start. 

I should probably point out that I think I will be ok for swimming even though I only took up lessons in November  (I wouldn't put my head in the water before that!) I have moved right up to the advanced class pretty quick where the lads are doing tri"s and although I'm not amazing it will probably turn out to be the area I will struggle with least. 

The bike mind u is another story... I actually didn't learn to cycle as a kid. Not sure how that happened just never got round to taking the stabilisers off. My hubby bought me a bike for Xmas and so I went out cycling with him a few times while he was doing his long trainning runs for the marathon, but then my long training runs for the half started getting longer and so the bike has been sitting mocking me since feb!! I defo need to get some confidence on the bike as well as some practice. 

So that's the history pretty much, guess all that's left is to get cracking on the training!! 

Comments

Advertisement