Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement router power adapter

• 12-04-2012 3:34pm

I have a Netopia 2247NWG and the power supply is fecked. What can I do to get my router working again? I searched on both Amazon and eBay and they don't have the relevant adapter. They do have adapters for a 3347...would it work with my 2247? I even tried to get one free from my ISP, Eircom, but apparently they only do ZyXel now. Spent a while Googling for a 2247 power supply without success. Don't know what to do really. Any advice most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you can use any psu as long as its got the same voltage & amps as required by the router (which will be written on a sticker on the bottom).

you can buy a universal psu off ebay or maplins etc. which have different adapters to fit your device and will allow you to change the output on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭_John C

12 volt 1 amp. PSU should do the trick. A lot of psus are rated in mA instead of amps. 1 Amp = 1000mA. Anything that's 1000mA or more will work. Just remember it MUST be 12 volt DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭_John C

Just to add, the original 2247 PSU is rated at 800 mA. But I reckon a 1000mA or 1 amp will be easier to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Psu for my old netopia happened to be the exact same as my cordless phone.(found out by accident!) It's a common size. Argos do a universal psu with different connectors and voltage settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Contrarian

I have a Netopia 2247NWG and the power supply is fecked. What can I do to get my router working again? I searched on both Amazon and eBay and they don't have the relevant adapter. They do have adapters for a 3347...would it work with my 2247? I even tried to get one free from my ISP, Eircom, but apparently they only do ZyXel now. Spent a while Googling for a 2247 power supply without success. Don't know what to do really. Any advice most appreciated.

PM me with your details and I'll send you one no bother

• Advertisement
Advertisement