Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water in Ballina... AGAIN

Options
  • 12-04-2012 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

well I paid my 100 euros household rip off tax charge.

Again.. no water here in Ballina in the estate and NO NOTICE!!!!!!

what the hell does Ballina town council do? block investment and turn off the water?

I want a refund of the 100 euros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

I heard a notice on mid west radio yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 thysich

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    I heard a notice on mid west radio yesterday.

is that a local radio station? not from here. Do they not send flyers around to say the water will be out? I mean I can't be the only one that does not listen to radio.. some of us have to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

thysich wrote: »
    is that a local radio station? not from here. Do they not send flyers around to say the water will be out? I mean I can't be the only one that does not listen to radio.. some of us have to work.
    What's the "some of us have to work" for?

No point in taking an attitude with me. Ring Mayo Co Co and vent to them instead. And nope, I never get a flyer when there is a water issue. Yes MidWest is a radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Pretty common out here near Bonniconlon to wake up to no water. Fortunately there is a spring just across the fields where the water is good to drink.

My daughter, in the UK, is now subject to water restrictions and pays nearly 2,000 euros a year for her council tax. :eek:

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 thysich

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    What's the "some of us have to work" for?

No point in taking an attitude with me. Ring Mayo Co Co and vent to them instead. And nope, I never get a flyer when there is a water issue. Yes MidWest is a radio station.

I was venting more at them rhetorically.... Not at you :-)..

Its back now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

There was major work being done on the pipe at the Ham Bridge today. I saw them replacing parts of it. I can't see how they would be able to leaftlet the whole area that is serviced by that set of pipes efficiently. If you have no water in future check midwests website or the Coco own website which usually is updated with information.

From the ops post you'd swear the water was off every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Gawd, but it was horrible and brown when it came back on. Had to run the tap for 30mins to clear it.

TT

Advertisement