Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skyrim Quest Log (PC)

• 12-04-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

After months waiting for a decent ATI / Crossfire fix for Skyrim to arrive; I just ended up disabling one of the cards and playing Skyrim like that.

Having a huge backlog of games didn't help either!

Anywho; I'm about 5 or 6 hours into it; mostly just wandering around; and I've got a question.

My questlog / journal is starting to fill up. Is there any way to see a backstory / trail for each quest?

i.e. one task says "Talk to Sven".

I have no idea who Sven is any more, or why I would prioritise talking to him over; let's say, exploring the nearest dungeon.

Hopefully it's just something simple that I've missed; but I can imagine it being very confusing later in the game when I've got loads of active quests at a time!!!

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Guessing since you're only starting, that would be a quest in Riverwood?
    One of the first towns you walk into after escaping Helgen. Only a small quest about a love triangle, started by talking to a couple of villager there

If you've any problems, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim is a great help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 niceoneyeh

Anywho; I'm about 5 or 6 hours into it; mostly just wandering around; and I've got a question.

My questlog / journal is starting to fill up. Is there any way to see a backstory / trail for each quest?

i.e. one task says "Talk to Sven".

I have no idea who Sven is any more, or why I would prioritise talking to him over; let's say, exploring the nearest dungeon.

Hi,
    you've probably figured this out by now, but if you go into the menu and bring up the quests, you can then move the cursor up and down to select different ones.
    If you see one that appeals to you, you can then select it as active by using the "x" on PS3 (i'm sure other consoles the same). Similarly you can deactivate ones that do not interest you at that time.
    If you have made for example "Talk to Sven" active, pressing the "square" button will show you on the map where to go, and you can then fast travel there or close by (or jump on the horse & cart).
    Once you get there & actually talk to Sven then he will unlock other parts of the quest, it will not simply consist of talking to Sven!

Hope that helps, feel free to get back if i've misunderstood your meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Thanks guys.
    That’s a great link Dutch Druid, I spent quite some time absorbing as much info as I could from it!

After a bit more Googling though, I don’t think what I’m after is possible.

To explain a bit more, my “miscellaneous” quests in the journal looks like this.
    • Talk to Brian
    • Return to Seamus
    • Give the ring to Tom
    • Find Larry
    • Return the orcish sword to it’s rightful owner.
    • Meet the thief in Whiterun
    • Craft a Steel Greatsword
    • Talk to Mick

(Note that these aren’t the actual quests!)

I’ve got so many unfinished sidequests, I’d like to click any of the above bullet points and see what the history of that particular quest was before I finish it.
    Maybe it’s just the way I play the game, but from the start of the “talk to Brian” quest, to the time I return to it again could be 4 or 5 hours later; and I’ve no idea who "Brian" is any more.

Tl;dr version –
    The Journal is more like a GPS list of waypoints, rather than an actual log of quests / activities / info.

Maybe there’s a mod for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

your just saying you want to be able to read the story of each quest as opposed to just going where your told even if you dont exactly remember why..

In short.. no, you get a brief description of the quest at the top for most quests and thats it!

I'm the same, I would love a story to read if you want to regarding why you are undertaking this quest! Its very easy to get sidetracked in TES games and putoff/start quests constantly!

Advertisement