Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhounds dumped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is between Newcastle West and Bruree if you look at a map of county Limerick, with it being closer to the Bruree side.

Saw this story in the Limerick Post today.

Think the amount of dead dogs found is up around the dozen mark, with all of them thought to be ex racing dogs that were disposed off in this barbaric manner when their owners no longer had a use for them.

Hope those guilty get named, shamed, and hit with the full weight of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

It looks like they will be identified. 2 owners have been tracked courtesy of the identification tattoos found on some of the dogs ears. Poor animals had a terrible end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Horrific!

The barbarians who do this - I'm assuming with a "kill" rate of around 12 that this wasn't their first time killling dogs in this this manner - yes, they should serve a prison sentence, but also, and again I assume it's something they do for a living :eek: , have a sizeable chunk of their assets seized and the amount raised given to Animal Welfare / Dog Rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Happened to be passing through Ballyagran on Tuesday and noticed a squad car parked beside the animal welfare van, so I knew something was up.

Absolute bastards, hopefully those who did this will be found and punished. Can't bring myself to look at the photos of this atrocity on the animal welfare facebook page :(

Advertisement