Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian sandstone prices and availability

• 12-04-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been shopping around dublin for prices and the best i can get is 18 euro per square metre in Dublin from a place in rathcoole. anyone recomend anywhere else i could look into.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Thats a good price,i paid 21.50 for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Actually after VAT which they didnt include it came to 22 e.
    Can anyone on here tell me how much area would 1 tonne of sand and one tonne of grit cover? the guy said i need two tonnes of grit for 11 squard metres but i find this hard to belieive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 the paving king

The easy way to calculate how much sand you need is, if the depth off sand is 2 inches deep in the area it takes 1 tonne per 10 square metres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I bought indian sandstone from oldbrige concrete and paving in drogheda a few years ago. I honestly cannot remember the price but remember pricing around at the time and they came out the best.

They deliver to dublin but no doubt they may charge you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Paid just under E40 M2 to Roadstone about ten years ago :o.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Is 21 euro per square meter for black limestone a good price??

21 euro is a very good price for black limestone if it is calibrated ( all the same depth ) as calibrated is very easy to lay

I am getting them delievered tomorrow and am going to do the work myself. I have two questions. is it easy to get the fall so the rain flows into the grass and also this may sound very stupid but how do you tell which side goes face up because my parents did a patio and they were told all the slabs are upside down???

it takes very little fall for water to flow . the sandstone slabs will be tapered at the sides so when the sandstone slab is laid the taper should be like should be facing inwards
    \___________/
    bottom off slab
    i hope this answers your question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Oops I just got my calibrated grey indian sandstone delivered today, it cost me 28 euro a square metere !!!! Agh, Seems like I paid a bit too much. mind you it looks lovely..It would want to
    at that price,,,,

• Advertisement

So that side that goes into the sand is tapered..well thats easy so. thanks :)

Advertisement