Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your biggest worry for the LC?

• 12-04-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

What scares you about it? Are you not completely finished the course of a subject you're doing? Or do you not understand a subject no matter how hard you try? Or even if the actual exam hall and superintendents scare you. I'd love to know how others are feeling :D
    For me, I don't have the full Geography and Biology courses finished. I'm also worried about freaking out in the exam hall and my mind going completely blank. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Not understanding a question on poetry/prós for Irish, considering you no longer get a choice.

Getting essay titles in English where I just blank completely and can't think of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

One fairly scary thought is that I could easily happen to be sick during the Leaving and there'd be nothing I could do about it. That's probably the worst one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm worried I'll get sick or they'll ask some mad off the wall question somewhere, physics throws a lot of curveballs or I'll go completely blank in my English and forget all my quotes.
    I've ended up finishing one of my courses by myself because we were so behind so thats a worry too, then maths we got told to do a whole topic by ourselves over easter or it won't get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah getting sick or somehow missing the actual exam is the biggest worry. Very unlikely but you know, **** happens :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

If the paper will be hard for certain subjects even ones I would consider to be a test I'm usually good at.
    I'm not letting the worries get the better of me , I'm just going to make sure I feel fully prepared for each exam . I don't think I was quite prepared last year and started quite late, might have been thinking more negatively which probably didn't help.
    I'm just going to try and do the best I can and keep positively thinking and just continue to study preparing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Failing maths first and foremost. :/
    English - not being able to do a good story on the day or an awkward comparative question.
    Irish - not understanding the titles.
    Geography - a bad atmosphere-ocean question, its really the worst thing possible because no one else would be affected by it...
    History - no eucharistic congress!
    Business - a bad ABQ I guess.

And of course, getting sick :eek: I'd drag myself in :L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What is the worst that can happen?

There's always another way/chance to get into the course you want.

The Leaving is not the be all and end all.

Thats true, but the idea of spending two years working and one year constantly stressing only to have to do it again is a nightmare. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Failing maths first and foremost. :/
    English - not being able to do a good story on the day or an awkward comparative question.
    Irish - not understanding the titles.
    Geography - a bad atmosphere-ocean question, its really the worst thing possible because no one else would be affected by it...
    History - no eucharistic congress!
    Business - a bad ABQ I guess.

And of course, getting sick :eek: I'd drag myself in :L
    God help us all if this doesn't come up!

Failing Maths or getting a really abstract Physics paper. I doubt I'll sleep the night before Maths :pac:
    Getting an awful question on Barry or a minor progression in composition for the Music paper would probably throw me aswell :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm not fussed if the EC doesn't come up in history. I'm worried about Biology, we're only gonna be finished with a week to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

This sounds weird, but no matter what I really think that the night before English paper 1 my light bulb is going to go when I'm about to do something important :L

And yes, getting sick is also a worry. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Reprazent

Accounting is going to be a filthy kick to ****

Other then that I'm to laid back at this stage.. A cheeky Spanish paper would be bad also I need a C1 in that bad boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

History! Sticking to the whole 40 minutes per question mullarkey and getting the whole bloody thing finished at the same time is going to be a bitch :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Dunno about ye lads but I am absolutely DREADING chemistry... My teacher is the worst and at this point I would be soooooo happy with a C1/B3 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

The orals !!! The one thing I've dreaded since starting secondary school!!
    Unbelievably scary :O once they are over, a huge weight will be lifted off my shoulders :)
    And of course i'm worried about whether the papers will be nice or not but sure I'll make the most outta whatever I get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

RELIGION AM ****TING IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

The orals !!! The one thing I've dreaded since starting secondary school!!
    Unbelievably scary :O once they are over, a huge weight will be lifted off my shoulders :)
    And of course i'm worried about whether the papers will be nice or not but sure I'll make the most outta whatever I get :)

Not as bad as they're made out to be!
    You will be fine!
    Trust me on that one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm actually equally worried for nearly every subject I think. Scared I'll fail Maths but realistically I should be sound. DCG is also a massive worry. I'm hoping the English papers are fairly nice and that I do well, hopefully the expected poets won't come up, then I'll be happy! For Irish and French I'm not worried at all apart from worrying that I won't do as well as I can in both. And hopefully I'll be able to answer all of the Phys/Chem paper, if I can do that then I'm sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

It's human nature to be worried and expect the worse. It's a good think because it means you are prepared to face all eventualities.

I know what you're going through, but believe me, and I know it's hard to believe:

Put your head down, focus, study and keep a well-balanced routine and diet.

Do this and the Leaving Cert. will sort itself out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It's pretty unlikely that you're gonna sit probably around 10 papers at least and nothing will go wrong in any one of them. In English, I blanked on the name of one of Robert Frost's poems and in maths I hadn't a bog how to do the integration part C (last year).

You really need to start building coping mechanisms to act best and stay calm in unfavourable circumstances, just take your time (for example, in maths paper 1, you've 25 minutes per question - if you need the 25 minutes, use it, but don't exceed it!) and try to think it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 devilxangel

I'm afraid of my mind going completely blank due to nerves and stress during the exam... and I know I will be short on time for English :( and maths is a real problem as I find Project maths very hard and it has no choice at all ( except for Q6).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Pursuit of Sovereignty section in History...while everyone else is hoping the Eucharistic Congress will come up, we haven't even done it yet. And just generally messing up my timings as I don't think I'm physically capable of doing three essays and a documents question in less than 3 hours...

Namlub wrote: »
    Pursuit of Sovereignty section in History...while everyone else is hoping the Eucharistic Congress will come up, we haven't even done it yet. And just generally messing up my timings as I don't think I'm physically capable of doing three essays and a documents question in less than 3 hours...
    You havent done it?! :eek: Its really easy, a load of waffling tbh, but if it comes up everyone will do it. Agreed on timing though, its absolutely ridiculous that the exam is so short.

Namlub wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, I'd say you could cover it in your own time :) And as Patchy said you can waffle aload about stuff like cultural identity etc. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yerra I was thinking of going over it myself at the weekend cos I'd say we'll be rushing through all that after the mid-term. Sure you get three hours for biology, makes no sense...

It's almost like the History and English exams aren't even there to test your skills in producing an answer but instead they wanna test your writing speed. It's pure shí*e imho. :mad:

Am I the only one who had absolutely no time pressure in English, at all? :pac:
    Dreading that that might have been a fluke and I'll end up being too relaxed in the real thing :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've not sat the honours english paper before so I hope I'll be able to manage the paper in the amount of time. So slightly worried about that more on paper 2 as theres hamlet, the comparative and the poetry essay.
    I probably should test myself on the papers just to see if I can do it in the amount of time given.

• Advertisement

I've not sat the honours english paper before so I hope I'll be able to manage the paper in the amount of time. So slightly worried about that more on paper 2 as theres hamlet, the comparative and the poetry essay.
    I probably should test myself on the papers just to see if I can do it in the amount of time given.
    I found it pretty tough going on timing but that's probably just because I can't condense my answers :pac:

Advertisement