Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your biggest worry for the LC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I found it pretty tough going on timing but that's probably just because I can't condense my answers :pac:

Yeah I can end up writing too much at times. It takes me like an hour at least writing each essay and the comparative takes me even longer .
    I've only written a few so far. I'm still using my notes I need to start learning off. I'm quite behind in Hamlet. I'm not quite sure what essays completely I should know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I actually have a recurring nightmare of the Eucharistic Congree or Rise of Sinn Fein not coming up..

(I'm not even joking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I actually have a list :(
    • Economics- Oligopoly coming up
    • Business- Break Evens Coming up, and time pressure
    • English- A really weird Paper I Essay, and a weird comparative
    • French- Not being able to understand the written questions
    • Geography- Time again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

An awkward comparative study in English

The French/Irish oral exam

Not understanding the Irish questions

Having a french topic come up that I haven't covered well

The thoughts are endless :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 elsewhere

Worried about getting a really difficult Spanish and/or French papers as I really want A1s in both and will be so upset if I don't get them.

Freaking out about both orals as well, I know I'm good at the languages I'm just terrified of panicking then messing up or going completely blank!

Chemistry in general is just stressing me out, I effing hate the subject :(

Also yeah, getting sick either the week before so I can't study or during the leaving..

Also just scared generally about not getting my 1st/2nd choice of course cause I really don't want to do anything else and I couldn't stand the thought of repeating!

Argghh... I just can't wait for this year to be over :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

- The orals, specifically Irish. German is okay, but I'm really dreading Irish.

- Something going wrong in the music practical. I'm playing the drums and I'm only going to get a chance to bring them to school a few days before the practical, so that doesn't give me much time to set them up properly and tune them so that they sound okay in the music room. Terrified my CD with backing tracks will skip. A lot can go wrong :P

- The German aural. Absolutely hate this part of the course, can never hear it properly :( I'm fine with the Irish one, but the German is the bane of my life

- Not understanding the questions in Irish/German

- Being stuck with poets I don't like in English. I'll be preparing at least five because I'd be silly not to, but so far we've only done five and I hate three of them :P I'll study them, and I'll be able to write on them, but it wouldn't be as easy as writing on one I like

- A crap English paper 1

- Maths. Nothing more to be said, just maths :P

- Bad essay titles in Irish paper 1

You get the picture... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Im in 5th year right now but my biggest worry would be my pen running out strangely enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

TheStook wrote: »
    Im in 5th year right now but my biggest worry would be my pen running out strangely enough
    And that is why you bring in more pens to the exam hall than you've ever had in your life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭siobhan93

Really afraid of what will come in irish in the poems/pros and the essay aswel!
    Also, in english for what will come up in Hamlet such a large amount of questions that could be asked.. im focusing on four but gonna glance over the others.. kinda risky :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Failing everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I havent studied, I only need five passes though but still, I'm fcked for the Irish oral,All I've done to start was fill out all of that ar agaiadh libh book.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

The thing is, I'm fairly set to have a good LC, I'm just worried that I'll choke and won't get my course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Zaffy wrote: »
    The thing is, I'm fairly set to have a good LC, I'm just worried that I'll choke and won't get my course...

What are you hoping to do? Hope it's not the same as me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

English - Bad paper 1 essay titles and Hamlet.
    French - Not understanding written questions.
    Maths - Not getting a C3 for my course.
    Accounting - Everything:p

Business, biology, ag science isnt too bad though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

smithy77 wrote: »
    English - Bad paper 1 essay titles and Hamlet.
    French - Not understanding written questions.
    Maths - Not getting a C3 for my course.
    Accounting - Everything:p

Business, biology, ag science isnt too bad though:D

I agree

English - getting a complete blank and having a breakdown...

Irish - horrible essay titles

Music - having a complete blank with the compositions and not being able to hear it in my head:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Im dreading home ec and biology. Theres just so much!
    And geography I guess. I know the stuff im just afraid i wont get the timing on the day, and I could really use an A.
    Oh. And timing for English paper 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Physics- not enough beautiful beautiful optics and mechanics questions.

English- the comparative. Mostly just quotes for the comparative. Or a ****ty Hamlet question.

German- something weird coming up and a crappy aural.

Biology- section 3 stuff coming up that I didn't revise really well or do a load of exam paper qs on.

Geography- everything. And no biome q.

Actually the entire thing frightens me. To the dole queue I go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I find the thought of no technology of warfare in History and no Plath or LG in English terrifying! Maths Paper 2 doesn't exactly scare me, it just bugs the shíte out of me. Paper 1 is so much more straight forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Mods, please delete this thread. It's not helping anyone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Just generally blanking out from all the worry.
    Also bad essay titles in English Paper 1, really weird questions in Physics, ridiculous drawings in Construction, not getting an A1 in Russian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

English - Heany or Kinsella not coming up and an awful Hamlet question and going blank.

Home Ec - Absolutely so much to learn and no real way to predict whats coming up.

Art - Impressionism not coming up in the European Section.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Not being able to answers any question in one of the sections on history:o hamlet..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Physics- not enough beautiful beautiful optics and mechanics questions.

English- the comparative. Mostly just quotes for the comparative. Or a ****ty Hamlet question.

German- something weird coming up and a crappy aural.

Biology- section 3 stuff coming up that I didn't revise really well or do a load of exam paper qs on.

Geography- everything. And no biome q.

Actually the entire thing frightens me. To the dole queue I go!!

Ditto on Hamlet and Biology! If a question comes up on Hamlet that isn't theme of death or the character of Hamlet himself, I'm fecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Poets I haven't studied coming up. I only really have Rich , Plath, Kavanagh , Heaney (but I'm not good at his essays) so I really have 3 or if I include Boland then 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

This happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

If suspense accounts come up in Accounting I'll cry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I used to panic about my calculator running out of battery - so I'd always bring too but would still be afraid! Even in college, the fear never goes away!

Calculators don't give an indication of how low the battery is, and the longer you have them the higher the chance of them dying :eek:

The thought of my calculator dying 20 minutes into my Accounting exam still panics me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I forgot my calculator for my Junior Cert maths exam, I told the supervisor and he got one for me from another room just before the exam :p But yeah calculator running out of battery for Maths or Accounting would be a disaster:o

We did Suspense A/Cs at the start of 5th year and to revise them is impossible! And we never even did budgeting for the Section 3 so just hoping the Costing (q.8) question will be reasonably easy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm gonna bring 3 calculators incase 2 of them break, and If anyone else forgets to bring a calculator.....tough ****. They should of came prepered like me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I might bring in 3 to be safe as well

Advertisement