Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your biggest worry for the LC?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Falling into a coma during my Irish paper.

God I hate that subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Bringing in a rucksack full of calculators to decrease the probability of failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    Bringing in a rucksack full of calculators to decrease the probability of failure.

I assumed you wouldn't need a calculator reznov? Disappointing as always... :pac:

I assumed you wouldn't need a calculator reznov? Disappointing as always... :pac:

Oh those calculators would be charitable donations to my competition. They'd actually be rigged, incorrectly calculating sines, cosines and tangents, while subtracting instead of adding. I reckon this will increase my chances of success at the expense of unwary prey in the form of my classmates.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    Oh those calculators would be charitable donations to my competition. They'd actually be rigged, incorrectly calculating sines, cosines and tangents, while subtracting instead of adding. I reckon this will increase my chances of success at the expense of unwary prey in the form of my classmates.

Excellent work reznov. You have not only passed my test but your certificate is also in the post.

• Advertisement

Excellent work reznov. You have not only passed my test but your certificate is also in the post.

Fantastic. The LC is a competition in which extra marks are not attributed for ethics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

smithy77 wrote: »
    I forgot my calculator for my Junior Cert maths exam, I told the supervisor and he got one for me from another room just before the exam :p But yeah calculator running out of battery for Maths or Accounting would be a disaster:o

We did Suspense A/Cs at the start of 5th year and to revise them is impossible! And we never even did budgeting for the Section 3 so just hoping the Costing (q.8) question will be reasonably easy :p

Suspense is the best question in my opinion!

We've never done q1 or 8 at all!!! At all at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

suspense is this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Unless they change the pattern, if you look at the patterns Incomplete Records (Forward), Service Firm, Ratios and Suspense are all due to come up:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Going blank and forgetting everything. I'm making sure I'm prepared this time.

• Advertisement

smithy77 wrote: »
    Unless they change the pattern, if you look at the patterns Incomplete Records (Forward), Service Firm, Ratios and Suspense are all due to come up:p

Incomplete isn't due really. it was up last year.

service isn't due up, farm is, but Service will probably come up as a 60.

Ratio's are an almost guarantee

Praying they don't change suspense.

Published is due also by trends.

cash flow is due by trends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Chavways wrote: »
    If suspense accounts come up in Accounting I'll cry.

You get out, my plan relies on Suspense, Interpretation, Product costing and company accounts appearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GiveEmHellKid

My calculator failing
    Not understanding questions in Irish or French
    Maths Paper2 (Damn you Projects maths!)
    Not having enough time in RE.
    Basically the entire LC has me terrified....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Eathrin wrote: »

You get out, my plan relies on Suspense, Interpretation, Product costing and company accounts appearing.

I've put so much time into suspense and I still dont get it.I can do everything buy suspense and incomplete decords.The perfect exam would be revaluation and service as 60 markers,interpretation and cash flow as 100 and a cash budget.if they came up I'd get an A but other than that my chances are slim.

Eathrin wrote: »

I've put so much time into suspense and I still dont get it.I can do everything buy suspense and incomplete decords.The perfect exam would be revaluation and service as 60 markers,interpretation and cash flow as 100 and a cash budget.if they came up I'd get an A but other than that my chances are slim.

There's a strong chance for suspense as a 60marker so you could be safe! =P

^^I'd hate it if that happened. I've got my 100mark suspense account question down to 20mins (no joke at all!) with theory and everything!

My perfect paper would be

Farm 60
    Cash flow 60
    Published100
    Suspense 100
    Flexible budgeting.80

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I'm only revising for Section 1 (sole trader & company), section 2 (ratios) and section 3 (costing).. Luckily got 3-4 days before the exam 2 revise:p

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

CSPE.. heard the poster is gonna be harder this year :O

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

My biggest worries for these exams are;
    English: Well, I dont like the idea of Heaney or Larkin not being on it, and I am praying that the Hamlet question is manageable!

Irish: No Aiste on the problems in Ireland, a crappy listening, uuummm.... if Geibheann doesnt come up, a crappy an triail Q...

French... I just hope the comprehensions arent too hard and that the topics are manageable!

Geography: No Biome Q, a crappy Human Environment section.

Art: Well if the Irish is unreasonable god help me!

Home Ec: where do I start??? Would hate an awful Q1, and if the short questions are as hard as my mocks were :(

Maths: Well, if they make paper one a little bit harder this year I'll be annoyed D:

Advertisement