Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merina (coil) removal and TTC

Options
  • 12-04-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

So a little bit of background information first.
    We have two amazing little boys they are aged 5 and 3 both were a pleasant surprise :eek:
    In Jan of this year we decided we would like another one (hopefully a girl but not to fussy) so I got my coil removed on 25th Jan this year and was told to expect a week or so of bleeding and then my periods should settle back to their usual pattern within a couple of months.
    28 days after initial bleeding from coil removal stopped I got my first normal period. My cycle has always been 28 - 31 days since I was a teenager so never had any problems in that regard.
    So I have had two normal periods and am counting down the days till we can test to see if we have been lucky this month. I can sense I am becoming obsessed with TTC and don't know what I will do if we don't conceive soon. How long do I need to wait before I go back to my doctor to get tests done. I really assumed that given both my others were conceived when I was on pill and patch I would be pregnant straight away.
    Has anyone else had coil removed and if so how long did it take to conceive??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

6 months of trying if you're over 35 or a year if you're under 35...That's the general norm before seeking doctors advice.

Pop over and have a read of the chat thread, there's lots of fantastic advice and support from women that have been TTC for months to years.

Advertisement