Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo Reach

Options
  • 12-04-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi,

Just been playing Reach again for the first time since before Christmas, Is it worth getting any of the new maps packs that are out?

I love this game, way better than cod in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

God you are so right, I love Forge mode so very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo is the best online FPS game on any console.....:cool:

The map packs are OK, but the only one I actually think worth buying is the anniversary one - some of the maps in that are amazing, the best being Ridgeline. The other map packs are OK but kinda forgettable, mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

hi guys,
    are any of you still playing reach online? seen the limited edition for 36 euro today but im debating whether to buy it as im not sure if many people are still playing the multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

da gamer wrote: »
    hi guys,
    are any of you still playing reach online? seen the limited edition for 36 euro today but im debating whether to buy it as im not sure if many people are still playing the multiplayer

Yeah I'd buy if I was you. I still play it online. It's the best halo game Imo... It's great craic online, very addictive.

Yeah I'd buy if I was you. I still play it online. It's the best halo game Imo... It's great craic online, very addictive.

thanks for the reply! i enjoyed halo 3 but thought odst was rubbish. is reach similar to 3 or odst?

• Advertisement

da gamer wrote: »

thanks for the reply! i enjoyed halo 3 but thought odst was rubbish. is reach similar to 3 or odst?

I'd say reach is like 3 but much better imo.

Buy it you won't regret it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's definitely more like Halo 3, but more refined - didn't like ODST much myself either.

Still thousands upon thousands playing, so there's really no danger there at all. Still plenty people playing Halo 3 as well.

Ok you guys convinced me so i bought it online. My gamertag is whizzmoyno if any of you would like to play me online

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

The map packs are decent but if you only have enough for one pack get the anniversary ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

my fav online game !! love everything about reach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

loved it and can't wait for Halo 4! Must start playing Reach online to get used to the controls again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Great game. Its especially brilliant playing custom maps with friends.

Hey guys started playing reach lastnight. Love the multiplayer. If any of you guys are interested playing a few games add me. Gt = whizzmoyno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Have played reach but Ive recently gone back to playing Halo 3, Fantastic game, multiplayer is so much fun, best in the series imo.

Right another spur of the moment thing but never the less,

I'm thinking of starting the hole series again, but is it worth it?

The games themselves can be got cheap on play.com but will the graphics from CE for example just make me regret it(just thinking can you even play CE on the 360?)

Otherwise I'll prob just buy Halo 3 for the MP it gets good recommendations on here.

Thoughts lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

you could get halo anniversary and play CE with updated graphics etc. personally i prefer the MP on Reach to halo 3, im sure you could probably pick all of them up pretty cheap anyway

you could get halo anniversary and play CE with updated graphics etc. personally i prefer the MP on Reach to halo 3, im sure you could probably pick all of them up pretty cheap anyway

Yeah but I dont really want to spend 30-40 quid on that, I love MP on reach but I hear its better in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Halo 3 Multiplayer was class because it built on and improved Halo 2s. I have to say Reach builds upon it again, the series got stronger IMO particularly as Forge World evolved. The addition of armor abilities alone completely transforms the MP experience and changes how you approach it. I always thought of myself as having a role in MP when playing with mates e.g. one would always snipe, one would go headfirst in two would sit mid range etc. I think Reach lets you define your battlefield role a lot better and even going in on your own smart armor choices and complementary weapon choices can swing a game. In Halo 3 it was too easy for an organised team to lock down a map both weapon wise and vehicle wise, the armor abilities and different vehicles this time around makes that a bit more difficult to achieve. The one thing I do miss about Halo 3 was the BR but a DMR crouching is just as good once you get used to it.

As for map packs I would recommend buying CE to get the map packs bundled in for free, amazing game and the maps really translate well into it. You can fully appreciate the MP experience without the maps largely due to the amount of Forge maps available giving you a bit of variety.

Advertisement