Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan from Blanchardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The answer depends on where in Clonsilla and what time of day. The new lights and changed priority on the roads surrounding the train station have added to delays at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SueyW

It would be during morning rush hour. I would need to get to carrickmines by 9am so i'm guessing I'd be around the Clonsilla area (as shown on map as start destination) around 8ish.
    Is the route that's mapped out, the best way to go?

Link to map: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=c...ddr=clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

I live in Clonsilla and work out near City West.

I am too mean to pay the tolls so rely on Lucan for a transport route.

I can safely say Lucan is the single handed worst laid out village that I've ever seen.

Going over the traintracks in clonsilla all the way to the beginning of lucan is fine, its when you hit lucan the problems start. That estate on the hill with the main road cutting through has the worst set of traffic lights (if your heading towards) lucan. They go green for 3 - 4 cars and stop , the tailback you see in the mornings roughly consists of 100 - 200 cars mayhem !

It's a joke, cigarettes, cd's and watching the petrol gauge go down is my enterainment in the mornings.

Advertisement