Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights from Ireland to los angeles.

Options
  • 12-04-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Looking for the best value flights from anywhere between june 18 - june 30 (outbound) and returning a month later plus or minus 3 days. I have been looking online and e-bookers seem to offer the best value, i can get quoted under 600 on certain dates but any time i click to book it just refreshes the flight and the prices are higher. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cheapest I can see is €610 departing Dub on 19/06 for one month www.e-travel.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Thanks very much for your reply, have you used this website before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No, but it has come up on boards, is fully bonded and has been around for years.

You should shop around more with travel agents for example the same flights are €560 with www.touramerica.ie

Thanks for reply, I had this earlier but if you actually click on the link it brings you to a new page where the price is higher and once you click book the page justs refreshes!

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    No, but it has come up on boards, is fully bonded and has been around for years.

You should shop around more with travel agents for example the same flights are €560 with www.touramerica.ie
    Thanks very much, this is the best price i have seen so far, just hope there are no hidden charges! Otherwise that is perfect, unless you have an even cheaper option :D . Really appreciate your help, first time flying to U.S

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tus.maith

I tried the ebookers flights and your right, they keep increasing and saying no availability. Maybe if you phoned them they'd give it to you at original price.

If not, this is a good deal on etravel - https://bookings.e-travel.ie/web/air/results.aspx?

but go for the flights that have at least 2hrs change over, you'd never make the connection with only 55 mins.

I went to New York and Florida with etravel before Christmas and no problem at all, by far and away the best price.

Don't leave it too long though, prices will only go up.

tus.maith wrote: »
    I tried the ebookers flights and your right, they keep increasing and saying no availability. Maybe if you phoned them they'd give it to you at original price.

If not, this is a good deal on etravel - https://bookings.e-travel.ie/web/air/results.aspx?

but go for the flights that have at least 2hrs change over, you'd never make the connection with only 55 mins.

I went to New York and Florida with etravel before Christmas and no problem at all, by far and away the best price.

Don't leave it too long though, prices will only go up.

I actually did phone them but they weren't very helpful, they ended up offering me flights for €1200! Ya, i'm going to try sort it by tonight, just waiting on the right deal, thanks again for your help.

just checked touramerica and that seems to be the best option now

these flight times look good

Departure Flight:
    Economy 15hr 25min 1 Stops
    American Airlines 93
    American Airlines 455
    Return Flight:
    Economy 18hr 0min 1 Stops
    American Airlines 534
    American Airlines 92

Think its about the ninth option, but it gives you good transfer times. 560 is a really good price for that time of year. Just make sure you have proper name from passport etc on ticket.

Make sure to get your visa sorted as well
    https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

just checked touramerica and that seems to be the best option now

these flight times look good

Departure Flight:
    Economy 15hr 25min 1 Stops
    American Airlines 93
    American Airlines 455
    Return Flight:
    Economy 18hr 0min 1 Stops
    American Airlines 534
    American Airlines 92

Think its about the ninth option, but it gives you good transfer times. 560 is a really good price for that time of year. Just make sure you have proper name from passport etc on ticket.

Make sure to get your visa sorted as well
    https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

It definitely is the best value alright, very tempting. Have you any experience with them? when you click to book it says "Availability or price is not guaranteed until you receive a booking confirmation" so i hope theres no add ons after booking. Otherwise it would be perfect!

• Advertisement

havent booked with them but they are a reputable travel agent. I'd say they just cover themselves by saying there's no guarantee... You can always try to book it, and if it increases from 560 you can cancel, they won't increase it after you book at that price.

I tried on their website as well, aa, and your looking at in excess of 750, so 560 is a really good deal.

I've checked a few other sites, and that's by far and away the best value.

If your sure you can go on those dates, I'd book it today.

As I said, just make sure you have enough time to connect. Nothing worse than missing a connecting flight.

havent booked with them but they are a reputable travel agent. I'd say they just cover themselves by saying there's no guarantee... You can always try to book it, and if it increases from 560 you can cancel, they won't increase it after you book at that price.

I tried on their website as well, aa, and your looking at in excess of 750, so 560 is a really good deal.

I've checked a few other sites, and that's by far and away the best value.

If your sure you can go on those dates, I'd book it today.

As I said, just make sure you have enough time to connect. Nothing worse than missing a connecting flight.

ya i think ill book that deal, if i add on a day it gives the option to arrive in chicago and fly the next morning to la for the same price so at least it would guarantee gettin to l.a!

ya i think ill book that deal, if i add on a day it gives the option to arrive in chicago and fly the next morning to la for the same price so at least it would guarantee gettin to l.a!

I don't know would I go with that option, there' no real need to be hanging around in the airport for hours. I didn't see that option, but if it involves a long wait in the airport, you'll be totally wrecked.

Once you have 2 hrs, you'll be fine.

As well as that, you'll have gone through US Immigration in Dublin, which is great. Your bags will more than likely go straight through as well, so it'll just be a case of going to the connecting gate.

Even if you were to miss it, it'd be up to the airline to put you on the next flight.

Advertisement