Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed

Options
  • 12-04-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have a slight issue with the barrells in my 12g shotgun, where they may be very slight pitting starting, or it could be just dirt i cant remove. I wanted to get a gun dealer to polish them first, and see whats the issue. Can anybody recommend a gunsmith for this, otherwise i will have to send to the UK

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

what part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Could be lead fouling or the other what you wish its not. An old method of removing lead fouling if you don't have the special type of release agent spray is to pour boiling water down your barrel and then use your snake right after it. It should shift it but if its pitting you may have to get a man to hone it. Trapper John in Tulsk Co. Roscommon is supposed to be a good gun smith

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭hunter23

Based in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 foxman1

There is a top gun smith up in Ardee sports company asked for Tony The no is 0416853711

Advertisement