Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - GW 34 - Transfer

• 12-04-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

I'm going to hinder all of my previous GW34/35/36 plans by getting rid of Stephen Ireland despite the fact that he has a DGW coming up. My reason for doing this is because I cannot imagine not having Sessegnon for the next 3 weeks, especially against Wolves next GW. I'll have 10 players on the field for the next GW.

What will you be doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Enrique out for Vermaelen

Gives me 11 starters for 34

I swopped BAE for Kompany, if Bendner plays, i'll have 11 playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm pretty sure I'm doing nothing this week. 10 players should get me by. Saving the transfer so I can do a double after the crappy little gw34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aguero in for Cisse. Gives me 9 playing this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

carlcon wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm doing nothing this week. 10 players should get me by. Saving the transfer so I can do a double after the crappy little gw34

+1

I've 11 playing this week so saving my transfers,despite Villa & Bolton having DGW next week,I think I'll avoid getting any of their players in seeing as both teams are so poor.Week 36 is the big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

have 11, so bank a transfer and then increase my 3 doublers to at least 6 over next few weeks, possibly 7 with a 4 point hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Bringing in Stephen Ireland to make an 11 + he has a double in 35 with 2 home games. He'll be my twelfth man after that.

FatRat, I can't understand why you'd drop him and deliberately not have an 11 for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Brought in Theo this week to bring my numbers playing to 8.
    Bit shíte but I'm considering giving the oul armband to Sess at home against Wolves. It might be a fest of points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Panthro wrote: »
    Brought in Theo this week to bring my numbers playing to 8.
    Bit shíte but I'm considering giving the oul armband to Sess at home against Wolves. It might be a fest of points!

I had a terrible week this week with only 3 players getting me points. Still managed an above average 57. Only having 8 can be a scare, but there's still enough there to do some damage if you have a good 8 and the right captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭smokingman

Panthro wrote: »

I'm seriously thinking of doing the same thing even though I have Roo, Valencia, VP, Walcott and Siggy playing as well; all of which would be alright captain choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Bringing in Stephen Ireland to make an 11 + he has a double in 35 with 2 home games. He'll be my twelfth man after that.

FatRat, I can't understand why you'd drop him and deliberately not have an 11 for the week.

I was never gonna have 11 for this week. I dropped Ireland for another player that had a game this week, so I had 10 previously and still have 10 after dropping him. If I was to get 11 I'd have to drop a player I don't want to drop. As for Ireland, he has an extra game than Sess, fair enough. But I've had him long enough to know that the attacking threat he used to have is now gone. He might get an assist in those 3 games, but I'm nearly positive Sess will still outscore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is it mental to **** on all my plans by bringing Sess in for Valencia this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Brought in Sessegnon and Turner for Bale and Kelly.

Have 10 players playing this gameweek.

Mignolet
    Caulker,Evans,Turner
    Sigurdsson,Walcott,Valencia,Sessegnon
    Rooney,RVP (c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Brought in Sagna, Verm, Sess and Turner for Senderos, BAE, Bale and Shotton to give me 11 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is it mental to **** on all my plans by bringing Sess in for Valencia this week?

jaysus i think so!

Any ideas lads on whether I should keep my sub and play only 10, or sell one of the following: Simpson, Cahill or Enrique?

No point in selling Bale as i need to play 3 defenders.

200289.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Get rid of Enrique,Liverpool can't keep clean sheets and he doesn't get forward the way he used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

zerks wrote: »
    Get rid of Enrique,Liverpool can't keep clean sheets and he doesn't get forward the way he used to.

Agreed. Maybe bring in Sagna for Enrique? Or you could be brave and go with a Bolton defender, as they have two DGWs coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

rgiller wrote: »
    Agreed. Maybe bring in Sagna for Enrique? Or you could be brave and go with a Bolton defender, as they have two DGWs coming up

Sagna's a good shout, Arsenal's defence has gotten a lot better and they have a cracking run of fixtures until the end of the season. I'm looking at Vermaelen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cheers lads. I freed up more cash and took a chance with Turner.

I have 10 players playing at home and Richards away to Norwich, although there is a chance he may not start as Mancini likes rotating his FBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

rgiller wrote: »

I would definitely agree with getting rid of enrique, I have done this earlier in the week, I may have messed up a little though. Was planning on bringing in two players this week, had 2 free transfers and it would give me 11 players. Team before was

mignolet, al-habsi
    enrique, simpson,n taylor, evans, BAE,
    bale,sinclair,valencia,mcclean, johnson
    RVP, rooney,cisse

When I saw vermalens price about to rise during the week I brought him in for enrique, had planned to also switch simpson for another defender to make 11. Now I wish I hadn't, if I had brought in sagna or Gibbs instead, I could have brought in aguero for cisse. Is it madness to take a 4 point hit to now switch vermalen to gibbs/sagna and bring aguero in for Cisse? Team would then be

mignolet, al-habsi
    gibbs/sagna, simpson, n taylor, evans, BAE
    bale, sinclair, valencia, mcclean, johnson
    RVP,rooney, Aguero

Would be good for this week and also nicely set for coming weeks.

• Advertisement

I would definitely agree with getting rid of enrique, I have done this earlier in the week, I may have messed up a little though. Was planning on bringing in two players this week, had 2 free transfers and it would give me 11 players. Team before was

mignolet, al-habsi
    enrique, simpson,n taylor, evans, BAE,
    bale,sinclair,valencia,mcclean, johnson
    RVP, rooney,cisse

When I saw vermalens price about to rise during the week I brought him in for enrique, had planned to also switch simpson for another defender to make 11. Now I wish I hadn't, if I had brought in sagna or Gibbs instead, I could have brought in aguero for cisse. Is it madness to take a 4 point hit to now switch vermalen to gibbs/sagna and bring aguero in for Cisse? Team would then be

mignolet, al-habsi
    gibbs/sagna, simpson, n taylor, evans, BAE
    bale, sinclair, valencia, mcclean, johnson
    RVP,rooney, Aguero

Would be good for this week and also nicely set for coming weeks.

I personally wouldnt trade Cisse for Aguero just yet! Cisse is a form player at the moment and great value for money plus has twice the chance to score in GW 36!

I only have 9 starters for the weekend(possibly 8 if Gibbs dosnt play!) but they all play at home so hopefully its to my benefit! I should also have 7 doublers for GW 36 plus 3 Swansea players who are at home to Wolves that week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

I personally wouldnt trade Cisse for Aguero just yet! Cisse is a form player at the moment and great value for money plus has twice the chance to score in GW 36!

I only have 9 starters for the weekend(possibly 8 if Gibbs dosnt play!) but they all play at home so hopefully its to my benefit! I should also have 7 doublers for GW 36 plus 3 Swansea players who are at home to Wolves that week too!

Would be planning on bringing Cisse back in again for GW36, Aguero would purely be there for Citys fixtures against norwich and wolves. Still have a wildcard so can make as many changes as I want before GW36.

Would be planning on bringing Cisse back in again for GW36, Aguero would purely be there for Citys fixtures against norwich and wolves. Still have a wildcard so can make as many changes as I want before GW36.

Well in that case go mental haha!:rolleyes:

Well for some, the things i would give for a wildcard at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Sinclair out Sess(C) in
    R Taylor out Caulker in

Have three Swans players now lets hope they regain some stability at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Have 10 players, all with home games, starting this week so got rid of Woodgate (STO) and brought in Hibbert (EVE) in preparation for the DGW.

Could be a very interesting weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone see any value in a bolton midfielder for their DDGW in 35 and 36?

I've 2 transfers and I'm currently looking to get rid of Jose Enrique and provisionally set on getting Vermaelen leaving 7.4 to spend for a midfielder instead of Gamst Pedersen. Statistically speaking I have to back Swansea this GW.

200384.png

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anyone see any value in a bolton midfielder for their DDGW in 35 and 36?

Yes. I have Ryo, but would prefer Petrov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Villa have 3 games in the next 2 game weeks. man u away is obviously a big gamble but then they have Sunderland and Bolton at home

Anyone think it would be worth my while to sub Enrique for one of their defenders. If so which one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yes. I have Ryo, but would prefer Petrov.

Are they nailed on starters for the 4 games?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Are they nailed on starters for the 4 games?

I would reckon Petrov is anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement