Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 To Montauk 2012

Options
  • 12-04-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey I'm travelling to Montauk on a J1 from 25th May til September 7th this Summer. I have a pre-approved job but I'm travelling alone so i'm looking for people to share accomodation with. If there's anyone in the same situation as me or who secured accommodation gimme a shout.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nickosaur

hey yeah the more people we get together for accomidation the better . i have a few places that give good rates on group rooms etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ronan88

Where and how did you get the job if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mitchkingmc

Hey there are four of us looking for accommodation in Montauk for the summer. We are four girls. Finding it so hard to find anywhere and most places are so expensive. Is anyone looking to share or anyone need to fill more people into their place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sean92mccarthy

Myself and a friend are travelling over on the 22nd of May and are looking for cheap accommodation. It looks like we could get good prices if we could get more people. Anyone still stuck for accommodation or anyone with accommodation looking to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

Myself and a friend are travelling over on the 22nd of May and are looking for cheap accommodation. It looks like we could get good prices if we could get more people. Anyone still stuck for accommodation or anyone with accommodation looking to share?

I'm heading over on Friday, and still don't have anywhere to stay. Let me know if you still need people to share with. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 aarongrant46

Hi I am heading to Montauk this summer for my j1 and was wondering what is the best place to stay? From what I have read it is the tipperary inn or ann breyers cottages?..I am going over with my girlfriend and was wondering if any one had any tips if possible? :)and is it easy to find work once over there or shud I get one before i go over?

Regards,
    Aaron

What's up dude! The Tipperary Inn don't usually let people stay long-term, but if your stuck at the start they might help you out, they're really nice people. I would say Ann Breyers is your best bet at this stage, get onto them quick though cause their spaces go really fast. Otherwise you could try and hook up with other people and get a house together; it would probably work out cheaper than Ann Breyers. Accommodation is the major thing, jobs are plentiful but accommodation is extremely limited. Great choice with Montauk it's a great place!!

Cheers thanks!!! ..Yeah i emailed Ann Breyers today about accommodation, is it to early to email now? or is it like you said the earlier the better?lol..my bro was there before and his gf so he sed he shud be able to get me a job der bustin tables but its nice to hear dat it not too hard to get a job once over there :) so it really is the accommodation dat Im worried most about..i really js wana get everything set as early as I can

Thanks for replying :D

Nah it's never really too early to start sending emails, id recommend emailing some shops and restaurants for jobs too. I got my job last year by sending an email in March that I thought i'd never get a reply to; they told me they'd give me the job if I turned up. Plenty of landscaping jobs available once you get over there too. But concentrate mainly on accommodation; you'd wanna have something set up if you're going with someone else. I just went solo last year and everything just worked out when I got there :-)

Ah right cool, yeh like thats my main thing wana get accommodation sorted since it two of us at minute, where did u get the emails from the shops and restaurants if u dnt mind me askn ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭football girl

Hey guys. two of us heading out this June and finding it really tough to get any accommodation. Anne b's and all the motels seem to be full. Any recommendations?

Really appreciate any advice!

Advertisement