Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascinator workshop in Mayo?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    Just wondering if anyone knows of any half day / two hour workshops on making fascinators? They are pretty popular in some parts of the country but can't find any in Mayo. It's basically a once off fun class where youre shown how to make one, and materials provided, not a night course in millinery or anything!
    Would love any contacts/info
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Have never heard of a workshop like that but I'd be interested in doing one if it didn't cost much.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I knew there was a reason I had never heard of it before

unique-and-attractive-fascinator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

biko wrote: »
    I knew there was a reason I had never heard of it before

unique-and-attractive-fascinator.jpg

If a course is on will you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Is that addressed to me or Biko?
    As I said in my OP I'm just looking for a half day/ few hour course not anything more as it's for a group visiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fogra

Lina Stein based just outside Westport does fascinator workshops as far as I know.

www.linasteinmillinery.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is that addressed to me or Biko?
    As I said in my OP I'm just looking for a half day/ few hour course not anything more as it's for a group visiting..
    Yeah that's totally fine, I just had to google it (being such a manly man) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Lina Stein in Westport does them, half or full day course. The boutique Shine in Claremorris hosts millinery day courses every few months, think its either Lina or Joanne O Hora that does them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks for all the replies; unfortunately it's still not quite what I am looking for as hers seem like ones for those interested in getting into millinery, and also very costly (not costly I imagine if you want a course run by an expert, but we just want something fun for a few hours as pat of a hen do)..a lot of places run these fun courses over a couple of hours, with cakes and tea :) nothing too serious and for about 40 quid..not to worry, I'll keep searching but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Thanks for all the replies; unfortunately it's still not quite what I am looking for as hers seem like ones for those interested in getting into millinery, and also very costly (not costly I imagine if you want a course run by an expert, but we just want something fun for a few hours as pat of a hen do)..a lot of places run these fun courses over a couple of hours, with cakes and tea :) nothing too serious and for about 40 quid..not to worry, I'll keep searching but thanks!
    Id get in touch with Lina stein, my aunt and cousin went down for a few hours one day and made beautiful hats for a family wedding they really enjoyed it!

Advertisement